Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no Mike Yardy's tweet thread?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Done a search, but couldn't see a previous thread.
Surprised, no ones picked up on it

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Mike Yardy tweeted something along the lines of 'good win for west ham & decent point for bhafc for their 20k prawn sandwich munching plastic fans'

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I didn't really see what he stood to gain from tweeting that. It wasn't particularly funny, we're not jostling with West Ham for promotion and many Albion fans also follow Sussex. In fact, it was a pretty idiotic tweet IMO.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
not a fake account but a massive error of judgement. He suggested that only those who went regularly to withdean are proper fans while the JCL's are (all20K+ of them) prawn sandwich eating no-counts. Typical lack of knowledge of a hammers fan but not clever of someone who earns his living from sport in Sussex. Total wanker IMO.

not a fake account but a massive error of judgement. He suggested that only those who went regularly to withdean are proper fans while the JCL's are (all20K+ of them) prawn sandwich eating no-counts. Typical lack of knowledge of a hammers fan but not clever of someone who earns his living from sport in Sussex. Total wanker IMO.

Like to see him re tweet it when Wet Sham are in the Olympic stadium with their extra 20k JCL's.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
not a fake account but a massive error of judgement. He suggested that only those who went regularly to withdean are proper fans while the JCL's are (all20K+ of them) prawn sandwich eating no-counts.

Utter nonsense!

Everyone knows that only those who went to Priestfield regularly are real fans.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
He's got a point though. We might not have 20k prawn sandwich fans but we have a few thousand of them. He's an outsider looking in, so its easy for him to make that judgement.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Utter nonsense!

Everyone knows that only those who went to Priestfield regularly are real fans.

No, only those who went regularly to the County Ground matches and were also there at Seven Stars pub during the founding of the club are the real fans. The rest are JCLs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Disappointed if he said that. Much of Sussex's support is made up of Brighton fans.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He's got a point though. We might not have 20k prawn sandwich fans but we have a few thousand of them. He's an outsider looking in, so its easy for him to make that judgement.

"Piglet's Pantry fans" (even in the Boardroom) rather than prawn sarnies which I think are only available in the sponsors' lounge in the south stand.

What point has he got exactly? Easy judgements dont mean they are right but remind me............ how many fans do Sussex get for a county match? my "point" being that their support, besides comprising largely Albion fans, is mainly absent except when they are doing well and even then is limited pretty much to cup games

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A flippant light hearted comment, that failed to taken into account, how thin skinned so many people are today.

Move along nothing to see here

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Perhaps he should try a game at the Amex to sample the atmosphere. Mind you he would probably leave at half time as he couldn't handle it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A flippant light hearted comment, that failed to taken into account, how thin skinned so many people are today.

Move along nothing to see here
Possibly but if he said that to me in conversation, I'd put him right......and no doubt bore him sitless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here