Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts

Dec 29, 2011
A quick questions for those at the game yesterday, how did Crofts play? Also what role did he play (more attacking, breaking up play?).

Thanks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he was very poor and if Bridcutt is fit for Tuesday he will be dropped I would expect, as he does not produce anywhere near as much as Hammond who was very good when he came on yesterday. Sadly Croft looks a shadow of the man we sold to Norwich..

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
He played deep in front of back four first half, and although he huffed and puffed, he was unable to stop them running directly at us, down both flanks and down the centre. At times he looked lightweight and shirked a couple of big 50 50s. He played further up after half time with Hammond sitting deeper. There must have been many things which changed the balance of play right from the start of the second half, but Hammond was one and he was much stronger and got himself in the right places. Bridcutt just seems to anticipate where the play is going much better than Crofts, which means he makes far more telling tackles and interceptions. And when we do have the ball, playing it out from the back, Bridcutt always presents himself as an option, but Crofts rarely does. In summary, they are light years apart, and Crofts has gone passed a tipping point this season, and he just doesn't cut it any more. Yes he had long injuries and illness, but he just isn't good enough for what's around him now.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I don't know what happened to him at Norwich, but he is nowhere near the player that he was when he played for us before. He's been a very disappointing signing.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Looked seriously off the pace yesterday and lost count of the times he gave the ball away. Hammond looked much better when he came on and I would expect crofts to drop behind him in the pecking order

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
A quick questions for those at the game yesterday, how did Crofts play? Also what role did he play (more attacking, breaking up play?).

Thanks.

The whole first half was very average for us and nobody really stood out
However during the second half he gained alot of possession deep in our half and distributed the ball neatly and supported in attack well. I think he did well and looked like he is gaining his fitness
He needs starts for us and I hope he gets another go on Tuesday he is key to the promotion push

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not a holding midfielder. Square peg for a round hole. He doesn't suit our style, he isn't really a technical player.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Had an average game yesterday but if you're going to compare him with Bridcutt he would only get a 4/10 instead of a 6/10

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The whole first half was very average for us and nobody really stood out
However during the second half he gained alot of possession deep in our half and distributed the ball neatly and supported in attack well. I think he did well and looked like he is gaining his fitness
He needs starts for us and I hope he gets another go on Tuesday he is key to the promotion push

Sorry must disagree as I cannot see how you have reached this conclusion as he was chasing shadows for the entire game. fractionally better in the 2nd half when Hammond came on and protected him but not such that he should be considered for start on Tuesday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not a holding midfielder. Square peg for a round hole. He doesn't suit our style, he isn't really a technical player.
I had his return down as the man crashing the ball in from the edge of the box.

Clearly not.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Going to Norwich ruins Albion players. If Bennett came back he'd be a cart horse.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I thought he did quite well yesterday. Coming in to a team and taking the position of the clubs best player, who has been pretty much ever present in that position, is never going to be easy and produce a world beating performance.

When Crofts was with us the first time round he was played as a box to box midfielder and was able to play his own game. Since he came back to us he has been asked to play adifferent role/roles due to the fact that the way we set up these days is different. We used to play with 2 CM's, one of which could be Crofts with a licence to get forward in a sort of Lampard role. These days we play one holding midfielder and then 2 more CM's in a more advanced role. Crofts doesnt have the technical ability to get one of those 2 slots, hence he cant get in the team when Bridcutt is available.

Should Bridcutt leave us in the summer, i actually think Crofts, given a run in the team and a chance to grow into that position, could make it his own. Hammond has played in this position a few times this season and also recieved stick undeservedly IMO, although i understand thats going to happen as people will naturally compare them to Bridcutt playing in this position.

Feb 3, 2013
his distribution is absolutely awful, his touch wasn't much better, even thought the pitch was shite. He did stick in a foot a few times when it was needed though.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hammond will presumably go back to Southampton? Dicker think his contract is up and he hasn't been used much this year. Crofts could jump up the pecking order even if one more CM is signed.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Without Bridcutt, we were overrun in midfield in the first-half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here