Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Casper !

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh good. I was waiting for someone to start a thread on Mr A.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
earned THEM a point.

Assume you didn't go to the match and sat at home watching the 2mins highlights of Football League Show or some stream on wiztv on Sat. If you had gone to game on sat you would have said he had a great game up until the balls up or balls thr' legs moment I was kicking my plastic seat when it happened (not padded like Amex) but he saved us more than the highlights showed. Went home gutted as players did (over half of team eating their own shirts when final whistle went.) just be thankful for where we are. (that is what I told my lad on the train home as he was as upset as you and he was at the game!)

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Agreed he had a good game up till that point but as I was in the Forest end he was right in front of me and he totally fell apart after that moment. Thankfully there were only a few minutes left and we rode it out but his head had gone totally after the mistake. Everyone makes mistakes but he went into total meltdown after it and that should not happen to a pro keeper!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed he had a good game up till that point but as I was in the Forest end he was right in front of me and he totally fell apart after that moment.
We could see that clearly enough from the away end. If he was playing week in/week out, he'd be ok, but brought in and f'ing it up in injury time would mess with anyone.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
We could see that clearly enough from the away end. If he was playing week in/week out, he'd be ok, but brought in and f'ing it up in injury time would mess with anyone.

Hey look a point's a point and I would have settled for that before the game. Not sure I agree with you that any keeper making a mistake in injury time would be prone to do that - certainly not at this level. I should give him the benefit of the doubt though, you are right. My view is probably a tad tainted by having to sit amongst the Forest fans who, it has to be said, did a very good job of piling on the verbal when they smelt blood!.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I should give him the benefit of the doubt though, you are right.
I'm not even saying that to be honest. He's not really good enough at the level we're trying to play at (hence us getting pig), but it's difficult to have a really good reserve keeper because a) you'd have to spend a chunk of money on someone that'll basically never play, and b) a good enough keeper would generally want to be playing, and not sat on the bench.

Casper cocked up, and he went to pieces afterwards because he feels bad for it. It is what it is, we don't have a better reserve keeper. I generally find it bizarre whenever fans have a go at players that aren't good enough - it's not their fault the manager hasn't got anyone better to pick.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
casper had a good game until the rick but at the day that was a sunday league mistake and if he was a championship keeper he would still be at leeds.gus needs to get rid at end of season along with brez they both are not up to the required standard .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here