Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Nottingham board

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
''I have to apologise to Gueddy, I thought he went down easily, saw it on the fls and that is an absolute disgrace. Brighton are a team of cheating shits though, so no surprise''

''Well, I'm going to disagree with most of you. Having seen the highlights last night, i dont think we were hard done by at all.

The Billy Davies comments were mostly about the referee decisions and they covered and replayed the incidents mentioned several times.

First of all, although when I saw the incident live, I thought Lua Lua should have gone, but in fact, Hutch took a little kick at him, and Lua Lua pushed him in the chest and Hutch fell over like he had been hit by a bus. In my view, I don't want to see players sent off for such incidents. Players push each other in little fracas, all the time. In fact I think it was Cox who pushed one of the BHA officials in the chest in the same fracas. It was handbags near the half way line and didn't warrant any team having to play with 10 men - whatever the letter of the law.

The second sending off incident was potentially more serious, but was off the ball and difficult for a ref to spot clearly. But having several looks at it, I hardly think it was really bad.

The Cohen tackle, for me was a foul, although again, when I saw it live I was really annoyed at the free kick. He may have touched the ball (just) but it wasn't enough to deflect it's direction, but he followed through and lifted his leg/foot up to trip Buckley. They didn't score from the free kick, but from a corner.

I wish that Billy would stop looking for excuses all the time. If it is true, he didn't see the incidents, then he shouldn't raise them in his interview. We got a deflected goal and a goalies howler got us the other, so we had our share of luck as well. We deserved the draw, at least, but yet again Billy is always looking to shift blame anywhere else he can, when there is no need. Sometimes a humble reflection on a game would be welcome.''

Couple of views....Hammond was a little naughty ..but perhaps the first guy should have seen Forest down at the Amex..we as supporters are always a little blinkered to our own teams misdemeanours

Matchday 39: Nottingham Forest Vs Brighton Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread - Page 28

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Lua Lua was fortunate the ref took a sensible view and possibly allowed for the fact that two players had chipped away at him after the free-kick was given. Getting booted between the legs would piss a lot of people off.

Hammond should have been a yellow. But not red - it wasn't an elbow or particularly violent.

Wish there were more refs like that about. Didn't spoil the contest for something trivial.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Billy Davies is a bitter man, but then he's Scottish so he has reason to be.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hammond should have been sent off. It was cynical and ridiculous, what was he doing? Cheeky trip is one thing, forearm across the face? We don't need to be doing that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
''Good point considering the other results and the fact that it keeps Brighton at bay.

Has anyone mentioned what a bunch of cynical cheats they are? That's the 2nd season running that I've come away from the CG after a game against these wondering how they get away with it. Horrible team.''

Another quote...interesting isent it...i think a lot would have said something similar when forest were down here

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is this with us supposedly cheating? Week in week out we see our players hacked down by some thug, and the ref only seems to notice about half the time if we are lucky :mad:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
They obviously didn't see the assault on ulloa and Buckley I'm the 1st half. Not to mention the kick at lualua when he was on the ground. Mind you I feared the worst,couldn't believe it was yellow. I thought they were a horrible niggly side.typical Billy Davis.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was sat in with the Forest fans up far end from home fans (dad a forest fan). They were shouting at Ulloa to stop being a girl when he got hacked down by Collins. The number of free kicks Ulloa should have had first half was silly, pulled and tripped over so many times.

Thought they were the most biased fans I've sat with and I thought East Upper block C were blinkered......

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Like how they call us cheats despite that tackle on Ulloa and the kick on LuaLua.

I wouldnt have minded about LuaLua pushing out, if he had shoved the right player.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The better we get the more criticism we are going to have coming our way, get used to it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Forest fans I spoke to after the game were saying how impressed they were with how many fans we took up there were raving about Ulloa and wished us well for rest of season. Message boards as we know only too well do not reflect the views of all fans

TrickyTree

Mar 28, 2013
Lua Lua was fortunate the ref took a sensible view and possibly allowed for the fact that two players had chipped away at him after the free-kick was given. Getting booted between the legs would piss a lot of people off.

Hammond should have been a yellow. But not red - it wasn't an elbow or particularly violent.

Wish there were more refs like that about. Didn't spoil the contest for something trivial.

Agree that lua lua was provoked. However Hammonds incident was completely uncalled for, left Guedioura with mild concussion and a major doubt for us on Monday.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agree that lua lua was provoked. However Hammonds incident was completely uncalled for, left Guedioura with mild concussion and a major doubt for us on Monday.
I bet you he plays.

edit: Watch the FL show highlights, what you'll see is a series of thuggish tackles from your team.....old Cloughy will be turning in his grave at what your team has become. Here is a link buddy.

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Hammond should have been sent off. It was cynical and ridiculous, what was he doing? Cheeky trip is one thing, forearm across the face? We don't need to be doing that.

Looked to me like their player was faster than him so he tried to cut across and get in front. He made a pigs ear out of it and whilst I think a yellow would have been appropriate, had the ref seen it he could have been sent off.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Forest fans I spoke to after the game were saying how impressed they were with how many fans we took up there were raving about Ulloa and wished us well for rest of season. Message boards as we know only too well do not reflect the views of all fans

Spoke to a few myself after the game by the burger vans over looking the Trent and they said pretty much the same and felt a draw was a fair result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here