Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forrest - Mull of Kintyre

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Why do they have this as their song ?
It's a craggy headland in Scotland what's the significance with it and Nottingham ? Or am I missing something ?
As an aside it did sound good with the entire ground belting it out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't imagine that dirge ever sounding good. My all time least favourite song

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Why do they have this as their song ?
It's a craggy headland in Scotland what's the significance with it and Nottingham ? Or am I missing something ?
As an aside it did sound good with the entire ground belting it out.

Didn't go yesterday but went last season.

I was actually embarrassed by this song when the music was playing. However as soon as the music stops and the whole ground is belting it out I put it up there with any song I have ever heard home fans sing. For me better than 'you'll never walk alone' (controversial) and have only heard loader at Stoke when they scored a late one against us in a relegation six pointer.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
'Oh mist rolling in from the Trent'. What a load of old crap!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Stoke have Delilah , Forest have Mull Of Kintyre as an afterthought.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I got my imaginary tambourine out & played the superfluous Linda McCartney role when it kicked in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stoke have Delilah , Forest have Mull Of Kintyre as an afterthought.

It's like they saw other clubs playing "their" tunes & just plucked the first vaguely memorable song that sprung to mind out of the air. Assuming they were playing Sing-Along-McCartney roulette, they're lucky the ball didn't land on the Frog Chorus.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"And it's Hi, Ho, Sheffield Wednesday" is another crap one, not because that line isn't memorable, but because nobody could be arsed to come up with a decent second line. "I see your sun is shining" sounds spectacularly rubbish after that.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
"And it's Hi, Ho, Sheffield Wednesday" is another crap one, not because that line isn't memorable, but because nobody could be arsed to come up with a decent second line. "I see your sun is shining" sounds spectacularly rubbish after that.

am i right in saying THE wolves do the same?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
'Mull' was number one for ages when it came out and supporters up & down the country tried to make a chant of it butit just seemed to stick with Forest so has been their antham for many years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here