Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duke Of Wellington Pub

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
It will interest quite a few of you on here to know that it's been put on the market.
No doubt @Mr_Blobby et al will be launcing a bid.
You'll be *delighted* to learn that it's on a nice Punch lease meaning you'll probably be bankrupt within a couple of years if you take it on.
Good old pubcos.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I've had many a debauched night in the " Boots ". Never quite the same after the gentrification and Martin got a manager in.

A great family run pub back in back in the day with Martin, Jim (R.I.P), Pat and Paula all chipping in. Great days.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
:(

The only pub in Brighton I've ever slept in.

Biggest regret of many remains cacking it when I had the chance to play some jazz with a former barmaid. Mart is a legend. What other pub would consider When I Grow Up by Garbage as a Sunday night karaoke lynchpin?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I think the OP is referring to The Duke of Wellington in Gloucester Road near Brighton Station, not the Shoreham One owned by Dark Star. Roy has been gone from the Shoreham one for several years now.

Yep, there are interesting times ahead for the Shoreham one (beer garden brewery, hell yeah) but this thread is about the one near Brighton station - by the far superior Eddy - one presumes.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This:

New plans for the mud flats to the east of Adur Recreation Ground Shoreham, will be considered by Adur planning committee from a date after 1 April 2013.

The application is proposing to reclaim the mudflats and redevelop the site with a public house development with views over the river, called the Prancing Pony.

The development will be a large inn and important gathering place with several private parlours, bedrooms, a large bar and a meeting room. In the north wing there will be rooms on the ground floor that had been especially built for guests. All rooms will come with en-suite facilities and wireless broadband. The centre of activity will be the big common-room where drinks were served near a cheery log fire.

The building will be three stories tall with many windows. Its front will face the road and wiill have two wings that run back such that in the rear the second floor will be at ground level. Between the wings a courtyard that will be accessible through an archway. Under the arch a few steps on the left will lead to main door. Above the arch a lamp will illuminated the sign beneath, which will show a fat pony rearing on its hind legs.

The inn with will be timber-framed, built in traditional Sussex flint and faced with Caen stone.

The planning committee meeting will be on 31 April and officers are recommending approval subject to conditions.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
:(

The only pub in Brighton I've ever slept in.

Biggest regret of many remains cacking it when I had the chance to play some jazz with a former barmaid. Mart is a legend. What other pub would consider When I Grow Up by Garbage as a Sunday night karaoke lynchpin?

The standard of Clopper behind the jump was of exceptional quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here