Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 games to go last season following a draw (last min) at Forest

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just thought interesting to have a look.

Saints 78
Reading 73
-------------------------
West Ham 69
Brighton 62
Middlesbrough 61
Blackpool 60
------------------------
Birmingham 59
Cardiff 59
Hull 58
Leeds 57

We all know the rest , no wins for the last 7.

Lightning surely doesn't strike twice and last season were more teams involved.

4 home wins will do it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seem to remember, on paper, we had a much tougher run in?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's up to us - we are in decent form whilst the others around us are all stuttering. We have signed a goal machine in Ulloa. Win 3 of the next 4 and it will get very interesting. Am much more optimistic of our chances this year than last.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Bolton losing was a massive result as it effectively ruled them out of the running. If we beat Charlton and Leicester lose at Barnsley we can pretty much end Leicesters play off ambitions next Saturday.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Let's beat Charlton and take it from there. It's interesting to look back at last season though, I think we have enough about us to make a real fist of it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Even after yesterday its in our hands. Leicester have a really tough run in, and the potential massive advantage we have is that Leicester, Forest and palace all have 4 away games and 3 home of their remaining 7 whereas we have 4 home and 3 away.....

Game against Leicester is huge and could do with something from our 2 tricky aways at Boro and Leeds, though i fancy us based on the run ins of the 4 teams competing for 3 spots.

Leicester - Barsnsley A, Brighton A, Brum H, Bolton H, Palace A, Watford H, Forest A.... Loving their last 3 games!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There's most likely many more twists and turns to come, but right now it's looking like a 3 horse race between us, Forest and Leicester for 2 places, 5th & 6th.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Even after yesterday its in our hands. Leicester have a really tough run in, and the potential massive advantage we have is that Leicester, Forest and palace all have 4 away games and 3 home of their remaining 7 whereas we have 4 home and 3 away.....

Game against Leicester is huge and could do with something from our 2 tricky aways at Boro and Leeds, though i fancy us based on the run ins of the 4 teams competing for 3 spots.

Leicester - Barsnsley A, Brighton A, Brum H, Bolton H, Palace A, Watford H, Forest A.... Loving their last 3 games!

I'd be fearing the worst if I was a Leicester fan with that run in, as well as 4 of these games being against top 6 sides, Birmingham are the next best team in form at the moment behind Forest. Naturally I want us to beat them next Saturday but avoiding defeat against them is most important.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
quite interesting that Forest and Leicester play each other on the final day of the season...could it come down to that?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So Palace are in the position that we were in last season before a run of defeats that dropped us out of the playoffs?

Interesting!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
This season we'll have 10 more games :thumbsup:

11 points needed from the 21 and I think we'll do it. palarse will tumble and we'll be 5th above them and Leicester

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We've done much better this season against the top sides.

Taking the results between the top 6 and us from last season, we finished bottom of the mini table.
I've also compared the results between the top 6 this season, and the top 7 (taking into account that Leicester are so close)

And out of the top 7 now, we only have next week's game against free fall Leicester to play.

Attachments

• ls.JPG
    ls.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
quite interesting that Forest and Leicester play each other on the final day of the season...could it come down to that?

Hope we are not in a Southampton Vs Tottenham scenario

But look at it a more positive way, so long as we are above both Leicester & Forest and sit in at least 5th going into the final game we will be guaranteed a Play-Off spot seeing as they there can only be one winner from that match.

It is vitally important we take 6 points from the next 2 games and I am confident we can...Especially against Leicester with the tank that is Ulloa upfront and they will be without Wes Morgan.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But look at it a more positive way, so long as we are above both Leicester & Forest and sit in at least 5th going into the final game we will be guaranteed a Play-Off spot seeing as they there can only be one winner from that match.

As long as we are at least 1 point (preferably 2) ahead of both of them.
If we lose and they draw, they could both still go above us.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
As long as we are at least 1 point (preferably 2) ahead of both of them.
If we lose and they draw, they could both still go above us.

True but very unlikely. We currently have double Forest's goal difference...If we are above them going into the last game then we would have been winning therefore increasing our goal difference by at least 1 each time. Forest would have to go some in the last 7 matches to over-haul our goal difference advantage.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
True but very unlikely. We currently have double Forest's goal difference...If we are above them going into the last game then we would have been winning therefore increasing our goal difference by at least 1 each time. Forest would have to go some in the last 7 matches to over-haul our goal difference advantage.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

It doesn't take a lot for the goal difference to change.

Just ask Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here