Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankregen wears stripes......

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
.....then I'm right behind him.

He may be in goal on Tuesday, lay off and get behind our campaign you negative bunch of cockerels.

Last thing we need is lack of confidence in the team and we are part of it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why would he wear stripes unless Gus thought he was better as an outfield player?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If he'd collected the daisy cutter as he usually would he would have been hailed a hero and would have been credited with being crucial in our win.

But because he made a gaffe, he has become utterly Google and unplayable. Total nonsense. He made a mistake, as Kuszczak did in exactly the same circumstances at Birmingham. Google happens, stop crying about it and get on with it. Tuesday isbhuge and personally, I quite fancy supporting our goalkeeper as I think he may just be needed...

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I feel sorry for him and I honesty think he feels worse than all of us who there today, but it was bad looked even more so on tv tonight, the number of points we've thrown away this season. But that aside I thought we were brilliant today fought for every ball and we wrecked their consecutive wins record. WHO'S THAT MAN FROM ARGENTINA

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ankergren is pony, made routine saves today and couldn't concentrate for 90 mins! Hope that PIG is back for Tues or no playoff for us!

It wasn't lack of concentration. It was poor basic technique. I am surprised he hasn't been coached out of gathering a ball like that.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
If he'd collected the daisy cutter as he usually would he would have been hailed a hero and would have been credited with being crucial in our win.

But because he made a gaffe, he has become utterly Google and unplayable. Total nonsense. He made a mistake, as Kuszczak did in exactly the same circumstances at Birmingham. Google happens, stop crying about it and get on with it. Tuesday isbhuge and personally, I quite fancy supporting our goalkeeper as I think he may just be needed...

But he didn't collect the daisy cutter he let it through his hands and legs. He is as clueless is as you are about goalkeeping. Didn't you say PIG should be dropped............#whataclown!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It wasn't lack of concentration. It was poor basic technique. I am surprised he hasn't been coached out of gathering a ball like that.

THIS. he's struggled with that technique since day one at the club. Often parrying or letting it slip through. Seeing PIG play has really highlighted how good keepers do cope. He MUST work on it in training a lot, but still just isn't good enough really.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It was concentration, me or you could save have saved that as could CA 99 out of 100 times. If he needs coaching to save a shot like the second goal he shouldn't be a pro!

Maybe it's both. Poor concentration but correct stance would have led to him missing the ball with his hands and the ball hitting his chest or a thigh. Poor concentration plus poor technique would lead to the ball missing his hands and then also his body.

As uploaded earlier:

goalkeeping.jpg

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Maybe it's both. Poor concentration but correct stance would have led to him missing the ball with his hands and the ball hitting his chest or a thigh. Poor concentration plus poor technique would lead to the ball missing his hands and then also his body.

As uploaded earlier:

goalkeeping.jpg

But Ankers is not a kid! If he needs to practice this simple technique then sorry, he needs to think about another job. I think we would all agree 99 out of 100 he would save the second goal but he is judged, as all keepers, on mistakes as well as saves and Ankers make average saves and is a potential liability where as PIG wins us points and makes crucial saves. Ankers is now too old to improve, time for him to go!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But Ankers is not a kid! If he needs to practice this simple technique then sorry, he needs to think about another job. I think we would all agree 99 out of 100 he would save the second goal but he is judged, as all keepers, on mistakes as well as saves and Ankers make average saves and is a potential liability where as PIG wins us points and makes crucial saves. Ankers is now too old to improve, time for him to go!

I think we are in agreement. Whether he is a kid or not, he clearly does need to practise the correct technique. It is time for him to go at the end of the season.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Winds me right up. How can you defend that mistake?

We're not a charity for "good blokes". This is a professional football club trying to get promotion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here