Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some of our so called fans are a disgrace

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Casper had a good game made an error but his saves had helped us in the game.They might of still scored in the 4 minutes of injury time. If he plays Tuesday I hope we get 110 per cent behind him and not get on his back.And yes I have seen the goal he let in but ever keeper makes howlers like this from time to time.Even Joe Hart.....Im pleased to be in the top 6 and lets get behind Casper if he plays Tuesday:thumbsup:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He won't play - Gus has pretty much bollocked him and blamed him in his post-match interviews.

The amount of abuse he got today at the ground was well and truly fully justified.

Casper, Casper time to go.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Our fans are entitled to feel pissed off that we were this close to getting a valuable three points. And you could tell from the faces of Ulloa and Crofts at the end of the game, they were bitterly disappointed. All that hard work they put in, came to nothing because of Ankergren's incompetence. He's human, so can be forgiven for making mistakes, but then again he is also a professional - paid and trained to keep out the easy shots. The fact he pulled off other saves to keep us from losing the game shouldn't be an excuse.

But I do agree that we should stick with the team for next Tuesday, and if Gus wants to play him, then we should respect that decision.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He won't play - Gus has pretty much bollocked him and blamed him in his post-match interviews.

The amount of abuse he got today at the ground was well and truly fully justified.

Casper, Casper time to go.

This.
He has always had regular errors in his game. A goalie is not judged as having a good performance, where they have made some good saves but also some fatal error/s. Not good enough.
Probably a nice bloke, and a good servant of the club, which makes personal abuse all the more unjustifiable (booze talking from louts?), but he should further his career elsewhere now.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
People are not disgraces. They're just expressing their frustration.

I can understand howlers when a keeper misjudges the flight of a ball and it bounces out for a striker to poke in, or doesn't get a strong enough hand onto a ball, but this was really poor technique. His body shape was completely wrong for gathering the routine low shot. If he hasn't got that down by his early thirties, he doesn't deserve to be playing Championship football.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
People are not disgraces. They're just expressing their frustration.

I can understand howlers when a keeper misjudges the flight of a ball and it bounces out for a striker to poke in, or doesn't get a strong enough hand onto a ball, but this was really poor technique. His body shape was completely wrong for gathering the routine low shot. If he hasn't got that down by his early thirties, he doesn't deserve to be playing Championship football.

All three keepers have had howlers this season but because we lost 2 points today, Ankergren must be slated within an inch of his life.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
He's regularly awful. PIG's misdemeanour is all but forgotten due to his heroics and safe hands every other game this season. Casper is consistently poor and unconvincing. Throwing away 2 points tonight is the straw that's broken the Camel's back.

I actually think a lot of us have been very patient with him up until now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Casper lets in a soft goal. Thousands of people are being slaughtered in Syria. Perspective.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
If an outfield player makes a howler on the pitch the chances are it'll go unpunished. A goalkeeper makes a howler & that's that. He must be useless

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He's regularly awful. PIG's misdemeanour is all but forgotten due to his heroics and safe hands every other game this season. Casper is consistently poor and unconvincing. Throwing away 2 points tonight is the straw that's broken the Camel's back.

I actually think a lot of us have been very patient with him up until now.

So far Kuszczak has kept 11 clean sheets. Last season Ankergren kept 14 clean sheets. I agree that Tomasz is the better keeper but Ankergren is not as awful as you are making out.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Casper lets in a soft goal. Thousands of people are being slaughtered in Syria. Perspective.

So thousands of people being slaughtered in Syria means Ankergren is protected from criticism on a thread about football?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
agree people forget his was part of a championship winning team and until his error was a mom today.People on here seem to have it in for Barnes and Casper
Not just on here though. Every fan interviewed on the radio prior to the game today expressed concern about Ankergren's inclusion. I think he's alright as a back up keeper, but he does make mistakes every match he plays. We're getting to the business end of the season now, its all fine margins, and he's cost us a couple of points. He'll know that though.

Still, I'd have settled for a 2-2 at 3pm today, so its not all doom and gloom.

:)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So thousands of people being slaughtered in Syria means Ankergren is protected from criticism on a thread about football?

What I mean is, it is a game of football. If anyone truely thinks their lives are impacted by the result of a game of football or if even we go up this season they must have charmed lives as in the scheme of things it is belly button fluff, of no consequence whatsoever.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Were any of you at Birmingham? Im as disappointed as the next fan but no keeper is immune.

Exactly my point earlier. The only reason Brezovan's mistake didn't cost us two points was because we had a 2 goal gap.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I take it by good saves you mean the ones where he pushed it out rather than hold onto it?

Was always worried when they shot at goal and it was close enough to the target to require goal keeper input, it is sadly time to go Casper, he had his chance he flunked it and flunked it in spectacular style.

It was bad enough when Polish Tom helped Birmingham City to a draw but this one was a soft shot, he had his arms behind the ball, his body behind the ball, it was a routine pick-up for an under 12 goalkeeper. It went through his arms, it went under his body, it went through his legs, anything polish Tom can do I can make a bigger hash of it!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here