Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we have a point deducted?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've read several posts just recently that talk about a goal keeping error costing us THREE points.
The error occurred when we were leading 1-2 and when the final whistle went the score was level at 2-2

So, I'm really struggling to understand why the so called NSC experts are claiming the error cost us 3 points.
Here's the maths I've been using:
If the result had remained 1-2 we would have been awarded 3 points
The final result was 2-2 which is match drawn - both sides awarded 1 point.

3 - 1 = 2

So why are people claiming the error has cost us 3 points?
Where am I going wrong, or is it others who "don't understand" ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
we would have been 3 points better off than Forest if we had won.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In case you aren't fishing:

He cost us 'three points' in so far as if he hadn't messed up we would have received a total of 'three points' for the match. Because of his error, we did not receive this total of three points, but a smaller total, a.k.a 'one point'.

(By the way, I also thought Ankergren's footing was at fault on the first goal of Forest's).

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
But if he hadn't made a couple of brilliant saves we'd have been 2-0 down before we scored. So we would have lost 4-2. So he actually WON us a point, no?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But if he hadn't made a couple of brilliant saves we'd have been 2-0 down before we scored. So we would have lost 4-2. So he actually WON us a point, no?

In seasons past, this'd be a rather valid point, except this season the comparison is with the Kuszczak and what he would have done rather than Brezovan.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
In seasons past, this'd be a rather valid point, except this season the comparison is with the Kuszczak and what he would have done rather than Brezovan.

Er, is that the Kuszczak who threw one in the net in injury time up at Birmingham when we were winning 2-1?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In case you aren't fishing:

He cost us 'three points' in so far as if he hadn't messed up we would have received a total of 'three points' for the match. Because of his error, we did not receive this total of three points, but a smaller total, a.k.a 'one point'.

(By the way, I also thought Ankergren's footing was at fault on the first goal of Forest's).

It took a deflection off of Hammond.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Er, is that the Kuszczak who threw one in the net in injury time up at Birmingham when we were winning 2-1?

When Kuszczak makes a howler, it is remembered because it's so rare and unexpected. When Ankergren makes a howler, it is remembered as an illustration of the fact he is a frequent liability to his own team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When Kuszczak makes a howler, it is remembered because it's so rare and unexpected. When Ankergren makes a howler, it is remembered as an illustration of the fact he is a frequent liability to his own team.

How many howlers do you remember from last season?

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

Although man utd fans appently will have waited all season, seen that one error and said ' see I knew was shit'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here