Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings Forest Away/Just back from the game

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Blimey! I hate those games when you come away feeling like you've lost. Actually a good point today I think.

A game of 2 halves. I dont think our players got off the bus until half time. They were all over us in the first half but we more than made up for it in the second. Top marks to GP for whatever he said at half time!

Lualua was lucky not to get sent off. One of the most blatant red cards you will ever see, but the ref had a mare all round today and got most things wrong for both teams. I called that Gus would take him off. The ref knew he'd balls' d up and would have been looking for an excuse to make amends in the second half.

Walking back to the car after the match the Forest fans were very friendly and were all raving about Ullo. Best cenre forward they'd seen all season. Imagine if we'd had him all season.

I was majorly impressed with the noise made by the home fans, it's a long time since Ive heard a home crowd make that much noise. Personally I think they contributed to our poor start as they out sang us to the point where we couldn't be heard. Plus the Albion end was full of JCL's wanting to sit in their correct seats wich never helps with an atmosphere. Top marks to the stewards though who let us stand up all game.

Player ratings;

Ankergren - n/a
Calderon - 7. Didnt put a foot wrong all game and was up and down the pitch non stop.
Upson - 7. Again was very impressive when our backs were against it (most of the match).
Greer - 7. As above
Bridge - 6. Gave the ball away a fair bit in the first half. Grew into the game and finished strongly.

Buckley - 8. Gave his all and seems to have found his form. Verycomposed goal.
Crofts - 7. Was a bit worried to see him given the shirt after his recent form however, he put in a real grafting shift today.
Lopez - 6. Quiet game by his recent standards but did nothing wrong.
Orlandi -6. Did nothing wrong but seems to be suffering for a slight dip in form.
Lualua -5. Did little of any note in the first half apart from commit a Barnes' esque red card offence. Drop him.

Ulloa - 8.5. Plays the lonestriker role so well. Battered their CD's all game and scored a belter.

Subs:
Hammond - 7. A good 45 mins and we played so much better with him on the pitch. I hope we sign him in the summer.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Wasn't there but I agree with what you say about signing Hammond, he's constantly slated on here but seems to be a useful back-up to Bridcutt's role

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only just catching up with today?

What injuries have Bridcutt and Kuzschak got, and when will they be fit?

Agree about Hammond. Has been a great success, with or without Bridcutt in the team, and I very much hope he's with us next August. Don't know why some wingers don't rate him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What a surprise, Kaz has a shit game after a good one. Deja vu.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What a surprise, Kaz has a shit game after a good one. Deja vu.

And if he doesn't start for a while, people will forget this and start accusing Gus of wasting talent, not being good with man management, etc.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Wankagain - minus 100000

Calderon - 8
Upson - 6
Greer - 7
Bridge - 6

Crofts - 6
Spanish Dave - 6
Orlandi - 6
Buckley - 8
LuaLua - 6

Ulloa- 9

Hammond - 7

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And if he doesn't start for a while, people will forget this and start accusing Gus of wasting talent, not being good with man management, etc.

Spot on. I do like Kaz, but he is SO inconsistent. That's why he doesn't start often.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Ironically if Casper hadn't made his late error he would probably have got a 7.5 rating. He had until his Rob Green moment, a steady game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Only just catching up with today?

What injuries have Bridcutt and Kuzschak got, and when will they be fit?

Agree about Hammond. Has been a great success, with or without Bridcutt in the team, and I very much hope he's with us next August. Don't know why some wingers don't rate him.

Forest's first goal was deflected in off Hammond.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Blimey! I hate those games when you come away feeling like you've lost. Actually a good point today I think.

A game of 2 halves. I dont think our players got off the bus until half time. They were all over us in the first half but we more than made up for it in the second. Top marks to GP for whatever he said at half time!

Lualua was lucky not to get sent off. One of the most blatant red cards you will ever see, but the ref had a mare all round today and got most things wrong for both teams. I called that Gus would take him off. The ref knew he'd balls' d up and would have been looking for an excuse to make amends in the second half.

Walking back to the car after the match the Forest fans were very friendly and were all raving about Ullo. Best cenre forward they'd seen all season. Imagine if we'd had him all season.

I was majorly impressed with the noise made by the home fans, it's a long time since Ive heard a home crowd make that much noise. Personally I think they contributed to our poor start as they out sang us to the point where we couldn't be heard. Plus the Albion end was full of JCL's wanting to sit in their correct seats wich never helps with an atmosphere. Top marks to the stewards though who let us stand up all game.

Player ratings;

Ankergren - n/a
Calderon - 7. Didnt put a foot wrong all game and was up and down the pitch non stop.
Upson - 7. Again was very impressive when our backs were against it (most of the match).
Greer - 7. As above
Bridge - 6. Gave the ball away a fair bit in the first half. Grew into the game and finished strongly.

Buckley - 8. Gave his all and seems to have found his form. Verycomposed goal.
Crofts - 7. Was a bit worried to see him given the shirt after his recent form however, he put in a real grafting shift today.
Lopez - 6. Quiet game by his recent standards but did nothing wrong.
Orlandi -6. Did nothing wrong but seems to be suffering for a slight dip in form.
Lualua -5. Did little of any note in the first half apart from commit a Barnes' esque red card offence. Drop him.

Ulloa - 8.5. Plays the lonestriker role so well. Battered their CD's all game and scored a belter.

Subs:
Hammond - 7. A good 45 mins and we played so much better with him on the pitch. I hope we sign him in the summer.

Thnx for that ..always helps to hear someone who was at the game and well balanced unlike someone else who i know was at the game...eh porkie ???

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We weren't good but neither were they. A draw was a fair result but we could have so easily come away with all 3.

Ankergren - If he hadn't made that howler he actually had a good game and would have scored a 7 or 8. I'm not going to slate him ... shit happens
Calderon 7 - Composed, got forward well, didn't see much troubling him down their left side
Greer and Upson 8 - did their jobs well. Had to put a big shift in today and definitely demonstrated the value of Bridcutt (again)
Bridge 6 -Tried to make some things happen but guilty of giving the ball away too often
Crofts 4 - Poor, Didn't control anything much, chased shadows
Dave and Orlandi 5 - Both looked a bit lost and lightweight ... neither created too much and were largely anonymous
KLL 5 - Never really got going. After the Barnes stuff one has to wonder what has been said in the dressing room
Buckley 7 - Heavy footed and back to not running at his men. Saying that they were definately bothered by him and generally had 2 on his back so had a lot to do. Took his goal well after switching sides and losing his marker(s)
Ulloa 10 - Does as much work, if not more, than CMS took his goal well and set up Buckley perfectly. A real handful and likely kept them from pressing us right back into our 6 yard box such was his danger

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We weren't good but neither were they. A draw was a fair result but we could have so easily come away with all 3.

Ankergren - If he hadn't made that howler he actually had a good game and would have scored a 7 or 8. I'm not going to slate him ... shit happens

So, no rating at all? Seems weird after only one mistake and plenty of fantastic saves :shrug:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ankegren - 3 - Some very good saves but his kicking was poor and he ruins it all with that horrific effort at the end.

Calde - 6 - Average
Upson - 7 - Solid
Greer- 7 - See Upson
Bridge- 5 - Hos worst game for us

Crofts- 6 - Average
Orlandi - 5 - See Bridge
Spanish Dave - 7 - Good game

Buckley - 7 - See Lopez
Lua Lua - 6 - I actually thought he was our best player in the first half but incredibly luckly to not be sent off
Ulloa - 9 - Just awesome

Hammond - 7 - Very good sub, massively changed us for the better
Dunk - Not on long enough

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So, no rating at all? Seems weird after only one mistake and plenty of fantastic saves :shrug:

I dunno ... the fumble was a howler of epic proportions. Prior to that he did his job. As I said 7 or 8 but I genuinely don't know how many to take off for that balls up

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
First half Forest were much more up for it and were quicker than us to everything, a change at half time changed the game with Buckley going up alongside Ulloa, this gave us much more attacking threat and we were on the front foot. When we got in front Buckley dropped back onto the right as we tried to keep what we had, I feel that Forest were a bit shell shocked so if we'd kept attacking we could have nicked a second. The pressure and magnitude of this game led to us sitting deep which invited Forest onto us. Could sense the equaliser coming, then we attacked again and scored a second only to try and grind out the last five by sitting really deep again so the second equaliser always seemed likely but hey the same tactics worked at Cardiff I guess. Felt for Casper, he'd had a good game up until the error and looked completely distraught at the end. All said and done we would have all taken a point before the game. Ulloa was simply immense!

Ankergren - 5
Calderon - 7
Upson - 7.
Greer - 7.
Bridge - 6.
Buckley - 7
Crofts - 5
Lopez - 6.
Orlandi -6.
Lualua -5.
Ulloa - 8

Subs:
Hammond - 7

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Exactly this. Watching the live stream, it was clear to see that Kaz was kicked by 3 Forest players and pushed one of them in the chest when he got up. It was no worse than Zaha did to Bridcutt but people are saying it should have been red? A yellow card was right imo. Maybe the linesman saw the previous assaults and told the ref?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here