Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Automotive Tribute!

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Hi all,

I just received my new number plate (license plate :unclesam: )in the post today and thought I'd show you my car in all its glory with the plate on it. As you can see I live in the USA at the moment.

For those car buffs it's a 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500 with 662 HP, 631 lbft and a top speed 202 MPH and it's a lot of fun! Almost makes up for having to hand back my season ticket in January this year!! UTA :albion2:

Mustang 2.jpg
Mustang2 1.jpg
Mustang2 4.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't want to alarm you but a helicopter looks like it is about to hit your car

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Jeremy loved that one too, and so do I. He said as it was American it wouldn't go round corners, but frankly who cares. :bowdown:

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Jeremy loved that one too, and so do I. He said as it was American it wouldn't go round corners, but frankly who cares. :bowdown:
He did indeed, and in the same colour too! There aren't many corners here in the US of A but the ones I have found it actually does go pretty well for a yank car!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hi all,

I just received my new number plate (license plate :unclesam: )in the post today and thought I'd show you my car in all its glory with the plate on it. As you can see I live in the USA at the moment.

For those car buffs it's a 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500 with 662 HP, 631 lbft and a top speed 202 MPH and it's a lot of fun! Almost makes up for having to hand back my season ticket in January this year!! UTA :albion2:

View attachment 41108
View attachment 41110
View attachment 41111

:bowdown::bowdown:

The cool bar has just been raised.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Can you just order any plate you want in the US?

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Can you just order any plate you want in the US?
Yes you can as long as it is available, but each state has their own so the chances are pretty good that what you want will be available. you also get to choose the plate style you want, football teams, organisations etc and get up to 7 characters long. In Alabama it costs about 15 pounds and you have to renew the plate each year.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
That Sir is a beautiful machine. Forgive my ignorance but I'm not familiar with the Shelby bit, Ford make the Mustang right?

Is it like AMG to Mercedes or Overfinch to Range Rover?

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
That Sir is a beautiful machine. Forgive my ignorance but I'm not familiar with the Shelby bit, Ford make the Mustang right?

Is it like AMG to Mercedes or Overfinch to Range Rover?
Shelby, after Carroll Shelby the racing legend, is a company near Vegas. Ford make the cars on Shelby's behalf by their Special Vehicle Team (SVT) in Detroit on the same line as all the other Mustangs. There is a Supersnake version that then gets shipped to Vegas to be significantly tweaked but that costs montrous money. So the simple answer is that SVT is the equivalent to Ford of AMG to Mercedes but the Shelby is one model only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here