Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon confident Albion can stay the distance [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Calderon confident Albion can stay the distance[/h]3:00pm Friday 29th March 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2366382.jpg
Inigo Calderon is expected to play right-back as Bruno is still injured
ALBION will be without first-choice right-back Bruno again for tomorrow’s near sell-out visit to fellow Championship promotion candidates Nottingham Forest.
The Spaniard missed the Seagulls’ 3-0 derby victory over Crystal Palace at The Amex 12 days ago with Achilles and calf injuries.
Inigo Calderon will continue to deputise in the clash at the City Ground.
Calderon is confident Albion are better equipped to stay in contention after falling away last season.
“Palace was a massive win and one that the fans loved,” he said. “It was also good for us because it came on the back of three games without a win. “It was important to get the winning mentality back going into the international break.
“Now we have eight games against some tough teams, starting with Nottingham Forest. You have to be in with a chance with maybe five games left, not necessarily in the top six but seventh or eighth.
“For me we are better this year. We are more prepared to push for the play-offs so we will see what happens.”
Albion are still monitoring the lower back injury suffered by Tomasz Kuszczak against Palace which forced the keeper to withdraw from international duty with Poland but they expect him to be fit.
Midfielder Liam Bridcutt was back at The Amex early yesterday morning after impressing on his debut for Scotland on a heavy pitch in Serbia on Tuesday night.
Coach Charlie Oatway said: “He said he felt a little bit tired but he’s going to feel like that. He’ll be fine I am sure. “I’ll be very disappointed if we didn’t have them (Kuszczak and Bridcutt) both in the squad.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here