Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nile Rodgers - BBC4 21:00hrs

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another excellent music show tonight and about probably the greatest Disco artist of all time.

I give Nile Rodgers originally from Chic and has collaborated with the majority of great music people across the globe.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Saw him and Chic at Camp Bestival. That man has written and produced some of the best music ever made from Bowie to Madonna.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Will be watching this at some point.

Did anyone see him on Breakfast News (BBC) a month or so ago when the male presenter asked him did he still keep in touch with any members from Chic?

You could have heard a pin drop.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
will have to watch this On Demand, thanks for the heads-up :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If you ever, ever get the chance to see him live, give your first-born for a ticket: it's an utterly magnificent show, covering not just Chic but Let's Dance, Like A Virgin and some of the Chic-produced Diana Ross stuff. One of best gigs I've ever been to: the great man was in tears at the end with all the noisy, sweaty love from the crowd.

He is also the nicest, most modest guy around: a mate of mine was at a music industry trade conference. Nile Rogers asked a question of the panel during questions; the guy moderating told him off for not stating his job. "Oh sorry, I'm a record producer", he said.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a great man Nile is, he is so plain in the way he talks you would never believe what a genius he is.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Just got around to watching this and what a fantastic program it was, and what a nice bloke Nile comes across as.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here