Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, it's not the benefits immigrants are after then.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How will this this affect my Space Ladders program?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No need to survive on benefits if you can earn more by pickpocketing or nick copper cable.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Or maybe get a job in a bar or a coffee shop that pays JUST enough to allow you to send a wee bit of money home to your family?

I was on about the Romanians who everyone is frightened of flooding into the country but are already here having arrived as asylum seekers and illegal immigrants and have been EU nationals since 2007 so allowed residency.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No need to survive on benefits if you can earn more by pickpocketing or nick copper cable.
Funny you should say that but i always double check to see who's around me when using a cashing machine.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was on about the Romanians who everyone is frightened of flooding into the country but are already here having arrived as asylum seekers and illegal immigrants and have been EU nationals since 2007 so allowed residency.

And you're got them all bang to rights as robbers? ??? Sake! Maybe they just want a better life for themselves and their family - same as everybody everywhere everytime

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Feb 14, 2010

If you knew anyone who was from Romania then you would know they are people like you and also what proud, how hard working people who are pleased to see the back of communism they on the whole are. Just have a think, England always has been an immigrant country, from the Romans, to the Saxons, to the Vikings, to the Normans to 1 in 4 sailors at Trafalgar being black, to the immigration after the end of Empire, and that is for me just fantastic. I love London because it is international, and it is London that pays for the rest of the country, (hat Im afraid is a simple economic fact). It is therefore the international community that helps pay for the rest of England. Its a change of mindset but an international outlook is something that is changing England for the better,in my view in any event.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I work with a couple of Romanian girls, who actually laughed at the suggestion of going to live in England...If they were to move anywhere, Germany was a more likely choice.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I work with a couple of Romanian girls, who actually laughed at the suggestion of going to live in England...If they were to move anywhere, Germany was a more likely choice.

this, and also most immigrants/foreigners i have met/worked with all work hard and feel very lucky to have the opportunity. same cant be said for the Majority of the layabouts we have in this fine country

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If you knew anyone who was from Romania then you would know they are people like you and also what proud, how hard working people who are pleased to see the back of communism they on the whole are. Just have a think, England always has been an immigrant country, from the Romans, to the Saxons, to the Vikings, to the Normans to 1 in 4 sailors at Trafalgar being black, to the immigration after the end of Empire, and that is for me just fantastic. I love London because it is international, and it is London that pays for the rest of the country, (hat Im afraid is a simple economic fact). It is therefore the international community that helps pay for the rest of England. Its a change of mindset but an international outlook is something that is changing England for the better,in my view in any event.

Spot on

It amazes me that so many in this country who are only here because of accident of birth are quick to denigrate those who have worked to get here.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Mind you, one of the largest amounts of immigrants in the last ten years are from Germany.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Spot on

It amazes me that so many in this country who are only here because of accident of birth are quick to denigrate those who have worked to get here.

Correct, but there comes a time when enough is enough. The country is full, unemployment is high, the NHS is under strain, the roads are packed, the green and pleasant land is being concreted over, housing is in short supply....etc etc.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think you will find most people who are against free movement, because that is what I am going to call it from now on, have nothing against the people personally, it's just about numbers coming in and what further effects it could have on our jobs market, services and everything else. And I hope most people agree we don't these criminals in our country, it just makes things worse.

We all need a job with fair pay don't we. What we don't need is extra competition from jobs. It must bloody awful being unemployed and I feel sorry for the people are trying hard to get in to work. It must be really frustrating.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We all need a job with fair pay don't we. What we don't need is extra competition from jobs .

As a consumer I want competition and choice.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

According to UKIP, 29 million Bulgarians and Romanians could be coming.

That's the entire population of both countries.....

So can we conclude that:

Britain, one of the less welcoming countries, is the place everyone wants to go. Including the elderly and infirm.

and...

All of them have the facility to get here.

UKIP and the Daily Mail, your reliable source of weekly hatred and bile.

Now for the disabled.....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought they were after TKMaxx clothing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here