Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Agent Strikers

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
OK so the criteria is they must have been available on a free since January 31st to sign on at any club,
John Carew is the only one I can think of....any more?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A 'professional' goal scoring footballer out of contract for nearly 3 months.

That's not straw clutching, that's walking from a plane waving a sheet of A4.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
OK so the criteria is they must have been available on a free since January 31st to sign on at any club,
John Carew is the only one I can think of....any more?

Read that former wigan player amir zaki is another. As shit as carew was at wetsham he is still a better option than barker imho

Dec 29, 2011
Buckley is a better option than anyone on that list, and it means we wouldn't have to fork out another 10k in wage per week. If the worst happens, stick Buckley upfront.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
You would have to question the fitness of any of them. They would probably need a 4 week crash fitness programme before they could go near the first team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why is Agdestein out of first team contention? That is what it says in the Argus today.

Simple he isn't good enough as he has little knowledge of where to take up position and when. One of the greatest requisites of a good striker is to know where to be and when to seize the opportunities when they come.

also

Where has this 'myth' which I think it is unless somebody can prove otherwise, about players being out of contract on 31st January being the only ones eligible to sign, come from.

I read that Bolton have cancelled Kevin Davies contract and he has joined Wolves on a FREE TRANSFER NOT A LOAN and he was contracted to Bolton on that date. If I have misunderstood his transfer I will apologize now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's not a myth.

You are not allowed to cancel a player's contract so he can join someone else.

Think about it.....

If you could, transfer windows would be meaningless :lolol:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
You can release a player, but the other club isn't allowed to register them for competitive games outside a window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not a myth.

You are not allowed to cancel a player's contract so he can join someone else.

Think about it.....

If you could, transfer windows would be meaningless :lolol:

How have Bolton done this with Davies joining Wolves n a Free Transfer as he was out of contract and it has widely been publicised that his contract was due to run out at the end of the season 5 days before he completed 10 years with them.

Where I think it has been confused is clubs would only do it if a player was near the end of his contract and not going to be offered a new one at that club. They wouldn't cancel the contract of a player they could sell and get money for

yxee this applies to your post a well

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here