Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan period over but Is there the remotest chance of getting a striker?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I know the loan period is over but if we could persuade a club and it's player to terminate their contract... could we sign him? Or are there any out-of-contract players out there that are remotely fit? Or are we just buggered and Greer goes up front?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We may be buggered if Ulloa gets injured but we do have other players who can score. Not ideal but better than another Barn Door Billy or Volkes.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What you see is what you've got.

Feb 14, 2010
Until Ulloa joined we played without a goal scorer after Murray went and we did OK. Who knows there could be a youth team player who can find the net. I would have liked a loan striker but I cant say that CMS being injured or Barnes suspended has lost us a goal scorer as neither of them have been able to finish the gilt edged chances our superb midfield have given them. Maybe Vicente might step up and earn his wages. Either way, the here and now is that Ulloa is fit and so as things stand right now, there is not a major problem.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Surely if the worst came to the worst and Ulloa got injured, we could go Barca/Spain style with a 4-6-0.

------------------Kuszczak-------------------
Bruno-------Greer-----Upson--------Bridge
-------------------Bridcutt------------------
-----------Hammond----Orlandi-----------
Buckley-------Spanish Dave---------Lualua

And even then you have Vicente, Crofts, Dicker to rotate in who are all capable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here