Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had back pain, which one of the following would you seek help from?

If you had back pain, which one of the following would you seek help from?

• Gp

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Physiotherapist

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Chiropractor

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Osteopath

Votes: 16 17.8%

• Total voters

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I ask out of interest as I am one of them :)

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'm seeing an Oesteopath at Sussex back pain clinic feeling sore today as had treatment yesterday!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
GP. Then he'll refer you to who can help you the best. It's no good being pulled about if the problem isn't muscular.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have used all of them, some good and some bad.

My conclusion is to find out the cause of back pain by a CHARTERED physiotherapist.

I used to think the 'cracking' of my back was a sure sign that my Osteopath was dealing with my sciatica, got a feeling it might not have done anything to help.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Never a Chiropracter again .... went for about 2 months and no improvement ended up going to GP who gave me something (might have been diclofenac?) and all sorted in days

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The problem when offering performance opinion on treatment received is that unless chronic or terminal it WILL get better no matter what treatment you resort to.

So for most of us, whatever treatment we seek, we are likely to conclude it worked !!!

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Only a properly trained physiotherapist for me, I had a good friend who went to an Osteopath every week for neck pains. He got relief from pain for a few days but by the time of his next appointment he was in agony again, so he finally went to his doctor who arranged a hospital appointment for him to discover he had brittle bone disease, the osteopath had caused so much damage he was dead within a few weeks. I use a physiotherapist who works with doctors to ensure quality treatment.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I used to suffer with a terrible bad back,had a course of treatment sessions with an osteopath to straighten me out and correct my posture and then took up Pilates to develop my core muscles,core stability and posture.This was about 6 years ago and my back has given no problems at all ever since.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Can't be bothered to type out a long answer, but I've got serious problems with facet lumbar joints. Waiting at present for my injections which work for me. There are pros and cons for all those mentioned....but I wouldn't use a physiotherapist again, she hurt me!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I thought this was one of them competitions, is it & if so what's the prize? Nah it isn't cos the alternative answer to osteopath would be plumber or upholsterer!

The GP did nothing for my back.

Only after I went to the chiropractor he unofficially diagnosed my arthritis (of the spine) told me what blood test to get from the nurses and who to sent it to. I'm now talking medication for it thanks to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here