Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyber war and slower Internet

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Anyone else noticed a slower Internet? my home p.c is shite so I just use my iPhone. But apparently a massive cyberwar is underway throwing out 500 Gbps of data a second (50Gbps can bring down a banks server). Some of the more sensationalist media are suggesting it could bring down the Internet all together. I'm a complete novice at all of this and would be interested in the N.S.C great and good take on this.

BBC News - Global internet slows after

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Google's taking some of the traffic to help dilute it, Chrome has been a little sluggish of late because of it.

It's really sad that because one set of people don't like the rules that everyone else is more than happy with, they go and ruin it for everyone cos they can.

If this continues to escalate, the web will get slower, the boxes in the cloud which route the traffic, a bit like an old telephone switchboard, need to always work and they are being affected

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some aspects of the internet have been hacked and are running slow. Please do not panic. The world is not at an end.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hmmm, that guardian piece was terrible. Hardly well researched was it? And if you view the comments section under that piece, most people say that the Guardians take on it is poor and lazy, the attacks really are affecting people computes and these attacks are just the start and could get even worse.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Run! Run away!! (Terminator Music plays)....Dududududuuu, dududududuuu

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Run! Run away!! (Terminator Music plays)....Dududududuuu, dududududuuu

Oh I'm not panicking my fine friend, just trying to debate. I have a highly strung wife and 2 young children, I have far too much going on in my home life at the moment to worry too much about cyber attacks.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh I'm not panicking my fine friend, just trying to debate. I have a highly strung wife and 2 young children, I have far too much going on in my home life at the moment to worry too much about cyber attacks.

Then why are you on a forum telling us all the internet attacks are only going to get worse? 'ave a word flowerpot.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Because my children are out of the house with said stressing wife and N.S.C is one of the few things I enjoy going on when I have a rare moment to myself.

This cuts no mustard. I demand you give Cyber warfare your undivided attention. Good luck, we're all counting on you.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Chrome has got worse and worse lately. If anyone wants to try a new browser I'd recommend Maxthon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here