Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booze you forgot you had... Merry Xmas all!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Just got back from work, now onto days off. Really fancied a drink but only thing in fridge was the Gf's alcohol free Becks that she tried and hates...

However found this beauty at back of cupboard, certainly the weather for it! Cheers!

(I appreciate this is a very dull story, but it's been a rubbish shift at work and this has cheered me up!)

image.jpg

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Just got back from work, now onto days off. Really fancied a drink but only thing in fridge was the Gf's alcohol free Becks that she tried and hates...

However found this beauty at back of cupboard, certainly the weather for it! Cheers!

(I appreciate this is a very dull story, but it's been a rubbish shift at work and this has cheered me up!)

View attachment 41045

Here, here!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've just realised I have some methylated spirit left in my old Fishing Tilley lamp. Happy Easter everyone.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Got an unopened bottle of Gentleman Jack that I am planning to start on later this weekend.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
We've got an unopened bottle of mulled wine in the back of the cupboard, might have to crack that little baby open this weekend. And as we have friends staying over, that bottle of Carva that was meant to go with Christmas dinner might well get necked as well.
Along with many other beverages

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
found two cans of guinness in the garage fridge but 2 years out of date, also some french cooking lager I bought at christmas in case the father in law came round.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've just realised I have some methylated spirit left in my old Fishing Tilley lamp. Happy Easter everyone.

Oh dear, schoolboy error, that would be Paraffin in the Tilley, the Meths would have been in that little glass bottle with the burner for starting it, no doubt that has been drunk already ? However the Paraffin, having matured in the brass base, must be quite mellow now.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is dull and you have made it both dull and common by drinking wind from a mug. Frightful. I sense corruption in your youth.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh dear, schoolboy error, that would be Paraffin in the Tilley, the Meths would have been in that little glass bottle with the burner for starting it, no doubt that has been drunk already ? However the Paraffin, having matured in the brass base, must be quite mellow now.

You know what I meant pedant. And yes it is spot on now. Do you remember the arguments between pink and blue paraffin ? Blue had that sweeter taste didn't it ? You have to pity the kids of today who have to make do with Lidl's own brand vodka.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You know what I meant pedant. And yes it is spot on now. Do you remember the arguments between pink and blue paraffin ? Blue had that sweeter taste didn't it ? You have to pity the kids of today who have to make do with Lidl's own brand vodka.

The great beauty of Paraffin was the easy access machines that would dispense a gallon at any time day or night for a half crown.

if you fancy something lighter this weekend, Morrisons have Shepherd Neame Double Stout @ only £1.59 a bottle, highly commended.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It is dull and you have made it both dull and common by drinking wind from a mug. Frightful. I sense corruption in your youth.
But redeemed at the last minute by the design on the mug.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The great beauty of Paraffin was the easy access machines that would dispense a gallon at any time day or night for a half crown.

if you fancy something lighter this weekend, Morrisons have Shepherd Neame Double Stout @ only £1.59 a bottle, highly commended.
I know a bird who works in there as well Veg so I can nick her 10% off card. Double stout it is then:thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But redeemed at the last minute by the design on the mug.

No, no excuse for wine in a mug I'm afraid. I'm shocked at the level of acceptance for such behaviour. Te'' you what this country's had it. Hell in a blooming handcart mate, hell in a handcart.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have 22 bottles of Italian red in my cupboard, I haven't forgotten them.

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009

View attachment 41045

Made an incredible discovery in december at my nans house. She had damp inside a bedroom wardrobe and my uncle volunteered to replace and fix the back panels.

When he removed them he found 2 hidden bottles of Harveys Bristol cream, hidden behind the wardrobe. my grandfather (who passed away in 1996) used to love and drink it, and the sly old dog must have stashed them so my nan wouldnt find them!

Needless to say the family did a "cheers grandad" as we drank it 17 years on at christmas and it tasted great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here