Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New family stand - next to away supporters

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Surely some mistake?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Only way I can see it making sense is, it less likely for their to be trouble between the fans if they are all kids on our side.. Saying that it does seem like an odd decision..

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
News to me and we are in the family stand!

There is an extra family stand next season in addition to the existing one, at the south end of the East Stand Lower. It is next to the away fans section in the south/south-east.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Worked at the Goldstone.

Not always! I remember a "face" who took his kid once. Was having a stand up row with a load of West Ham I think, with the kid in his arms!

That said, I guess it is more likely to diffuse the atmosphere, but that in itself would be a shame.

And is it fair for kids to have "Do you take it up the ****?" screamed at them from 5 yards away as it will still happen?

There is an extra family stand next season in addition to the existing one, at the south end of the East Stand Lower. It is next to the away fans section in the south/south-east.

Not true. S1A will be the addtional family stand. S1B (next to corner and away fans) will be offered as student tickets for low appeal games. It will be under 21's or regular fans closest to the aways.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And is it fair for kids to have "Do you take it up the ****?" screamed at them from 5 yards away as it will still happen?
I doubt Catholic Priests FC would be accepted straight into the Championship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not always! I remember a "face" who took his kid once. Was having a stand up row with a load of West Ham I think, with the kid in his arms!

That said, I guess it is more likely to diffuse the atmosphere, but that in itself would be a shame.

in all seriousness though the Family Stand is pretty well self policed now.
Watching the pained expressions on the fathers faces when it's not going right, is a sport in itself.

There is no way an incident like that would be accepted by the people around, even before the stewards got involved.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
in all seriousness though the Family Stand is pretty well self policed now.
Watching the pained expressions on the fathers faces when it's not going right, is a sport in itself.

There is no way an incident like that would be accepted by the people around, even before the stewards got involved.

Sorry I meant away neanderthals screaming that at our kids. Stewards are (understandably on the min wage I guess they are paid) not going to go bowling in amongst several hundred dirty Leeds/Cardiff to try to make an example of one or two.

Took my 10 year old to her first away game (Wolves) this season. We were probably 3 seats away, no material and only 1 steward, from home fans (and they werent family stand types!). It got very tense towards the end as you may recall, and she wanted to leave.

Not the sort of environment many parents would want their pre teens in new Family Stand subjected to week in week out.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
It will be behind the south goal the lay out will be just like it was at the Goldstone

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not true. S1A will be the addtional family stand. S1B (next to corner and away fans) will be offered as student tickets for low appeal games. It will be under 21's or regular fans closest to the aways.

I presume S1A will be renamed back to E1G or whatever it was for next Season then?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We have the current Family stand next to the North stand, surely the away end is no worse

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have the current Family stand next to the North stand, surely the away end is no worse
St Paddy's was spent saying:-

'no I'm not explaining that to you'.

'Or that one'.

'that's similar to the last one, which means WE are not repeating it'.

Much to the amusement of the other parents, around.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Surely some mistake?

If true, does sound more than a bit crap. Stick away fans next to the North Stand by all means, but why freak out the family stand when they've presumably chosen that exact stand for its maximum non-threatening environment? Makes no sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here