Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus now bookies favourite for Leeds job

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Gus Poyet is the latest name to top the bookies odds for the Leeds United managers job.

Poyet, who spent time at Elland Road as Assistant Manager to Dennis Wise, was recently linked with a move to Reading following the dismissal of Brian McDermott, the bookies second favourite to replace Neil Warnock at odds of 11/4.

The former Chelsea midfielder rejected Reading’s advances, instead deciding to continue his work at promotion chasing Brighton who are currently placed 7th in Championship, level on points with Leicester City who occupy the final play-off position.

Previous favourite Paolo Di Canio has slipped back down to 10/1, perhaps as a result of comments made by Neil Warnock who told a press conference earlier today that he thinks 3-4 good managers will become available in the summer, urging the owners of Leeds United to be patient in making their choice.

Leeds United resume their Championship schedule following the international break at 19th placed Ipswich Town on Saturday. Seven points adrift of the play-off places with only eight games remaining, Neil Warnock insists his side haven’t thrown the towel in yet.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The quicker he gets us to the Premier league the quicker he can leave and get a decent post ala Brendon Rodgers. Come on Gus hurry up and get us promoted.

How is Michael Laudrup doing btw ?

Feb 3, 2013
Neil Warnock who told a press conference earlier today that he thinks 3-4 good managers will become available in the summer, urging the owners of Leeds United to be patient in making their choice.

Interesting. Has our Tone finally had enough of Gus flirting and is going to give him the boot? Has Tony got fed up with Gus banging on about wanting to manage in the premiership and will say, **** it, can't handle another season with you and we need a manager dedicated to the club.

Go on Gus, go for it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What would people on here think of a straight swap of managers with Leeds. I think that Warnock is a good manager proven at this level and proven to be able to get a team promoted to the Prem but would prefer to keep Gus.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What would people on here think of a straight swap of managers with Leeds. I think that Warnock is a good manager proven at this level and proven to be able to get a team promoted to the Prem but would prefer to keep Gus.

I'd rather dangle my balls in a lion's mouth than see Warnock manage us. A clueless buffoon.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Warlock has proved he has what it takes with the right club but the man is a prize cc unt

It is getting harder and harder to write **** on here nowadays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here