Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was dog put in an Indian lamb curry

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 7, 2003
Was dog put in an Indian lamb curry :eek:

An Indian lamb takeaway curry tested during an investigation was contained a “mystery meat” amid fears it could have been from a dog.
Telegraph News

By Telegraph Reporters

6:30AM GMT 28 Mar 2013

Food experts who analysed the random dish bought in London ruled out a series of meats including lamb, beef, chicken, pork, goat, horse and even human flesh.

The alarming DNA findings, uncovered during a BBC Three programme, prompted fears that it could in fact contain dog or even cat meat.

Speaking about the unidentified lamb, the show's nutritionist Surinder Phull said: “It’s absolutely terrifying because if it isn’t any of the meats we know, well what is it?

“Where’s it come from? Where was it slaughtered? Was it hygienic? Are there any bacteria it was covered with?”

Last night night’s programme, entitled The Horsemeat Banquet, comes as the food industry is battling to repair its reputation from the horse meat scandal.
Related Articles

The filmmakers brought together a group of young diners disgusted at the thought of eating horse, in an attempt to “confront their taboos as well as get a taste of what they’ll be eating in the future”.

It engaged food experts to test a range of products from a Lamb curry bought at an unidentified shop in the capital, to Chinese takeaways to fast-food burgers.

It found a Chinese beef in black bean sauce meal contained mostly chicken blood and other material from the animal and only a tiny proportion of beef.

A burger was found to contain no beef meat, instead just bovine blood and high levels of chicken blood.

The only high street fast food to test positively was a donor kebab, which was found to be made entirely from lamb, the Independent reported.

A show spokesman told the Daily Mirror: “Just when we thought things couldn’t get any worse, the results came in for an Indian lamb curry.

“It did contain meat – but it was not lamb, not pork, nor was it chicken or beef. Not horse, and not goat either.

“At this moment, the lab is unable to identify exactly which animal this meat came from."

Since the scandal erupted earlier this year, the Food Standards Agency has conducted more than 5000 tests on meat products.

Dozens have tested positive for horse meat including meals from schools, care homes and day centres.

Rogue meat being placed undetected on British shelves has been linked to abattoirs in Eastern Europe, Ireland and even in this country

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
why would anyone care? If you're into eating that sort of stuff, I'm sure that a dog corpse tastes as good as a sheep corpse

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Wouldn't fancy dog or cat, yeah I know I haven't tried it, I have tried horse though.:) The Chinese beef in black bean is or was one of my favourites!:( Not sure about the burger either..:sick:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Which dog breed tastes best in curry I wonder? I might start a thread.

I'd go for Alsatian: big, so lots of meat and quite muscly. St Bernards are all flab and I bet terriers are just too chewy.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why not just merge it with the "how long did your dog live for?" thread

I've heard worse ideas. Can't stand the nasty creatures myself, I'd stick them all in a pot.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"Mystery Meat" ? I very much like the idea of an Indian dish with a Russian roulette tinge to it.

Yes the Dashhound Dansaak and the Beagle Bhoona sound good.
I'd eat dog...........not Uncle Speilbergs one though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would definetly eat cat ...... No mistake. Evil little feckers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i saw this and bit suspicious: they dont know what it is, but know its not human, so might/must be cat or dog. so they tested for human before testing for dog? and it couldnt be say venison, or any other meat?

also
The only high street fast food to test positively was a donor kebab, which was found to be made entirely from lamb, the Independent reported.

really? so they didnt check the shish kebab? and this as a highstreet without a fish an chips, can't exactly disguise fish (though not sure i could tell haddock from cod). and no decent chinese, only ones i know clearly have alway had think slices of proper meat not "blood" as suggested you can pass off with some filler.

seems the quality of journalism has gone the way of the fast food has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here