Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going on a Nile cruise next month. Any dos and don'ts?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I need advice from the much traveled members of NSC as to which excursions to pay for and those to avoid (No balloon flights!)

Your input will be appreciated.

And I do know the apostrophe is in the wrong place thanks :(

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Dont get k.dnapped! :lolol:

Seriously - stick to organised tours, stay with your tour guide, and dont go anywhere near anyone offering to show you the sights on the cheap.
Great trip to do and you will love it !

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Dont speak to Americans.

They will think they are your best friends for the rest of your holiday.

In fact dont speak to anyone.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If somebody asks you to meet their mummy, RUN

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Wear your Brighton and Hove Albion replica shirt with EL ABD on the back.

Is that PRINTED on the back, or should he actually CARRY him on his back?

*sets up "not for the first time" jokes*

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The only extra excursions on a nile Cruise are to Cairo or Abbu Simble, as I remember it, every thing else in the way of Temples, Valley of the Kings etc. and every thing you would want to see comes included. We had Graduates from Cairo University to walk us round, they are great.
I don't think Balloon flights had been invented when I went in 2008. There are no Crocs in the Nile, the only thing that would get you is eating and drinking any thing that had not been heat treated or comes with a sealed cap when you are off the boat.
They will take you too the Temples in the middle of the night, that's getting you up at 6.30 and off at 8.00 to avoid the Mid day heat, which doesn't sound like a good move,as you are on Holiday. But it is, you can sleep by the pool on the Boat all afternoon.
I think it's a Holiday you really appreciate if you have any interest at all in Egyptian History.
Writing this I want to go back again.

100_0243.JPG

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
We are in Barbados next week...eeek

Last week when there we wanted to go to Brighton Beach, just for the "another Brighton Beach checked off" factor. Not one taxi driver would take us there stating that it was just too risky for tourists.

St Thomas today, no danger.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If you have a young daughter always stay with her at ALL times, Egypt is renowned for its sleazy men and kidnaps. Lovely place mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here