Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enquiry for Marlon Harewood was rejected!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
According to Mirror.

BRIGHTON are set to sign Norwich's Simeon Jackson on loan, writes James Nursey.

The Seagulls, who are chasing promotion to the Premier League, are short upfront following long-term injuries to Craig Mackail-Smith and Will Hoskins and a suspension for Ashley Barnes.

They have had an enquiry for veteran striker Marlon Harewood rejected by Championship rivals Barnsley, who are battling relegation.

So they have switched targets to Jackson, who is set to be out of contract at Carrow Road in the summer.

-------------------------------

Think we had a lucky escape......

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
pretty sure that isnt true - Johnny Cantor's suggestion that we might go for Peter Lovenkrands has a truer ring to it. It hasnt worked out for him at Birmingham and they need to save money desperately so would happily offload him. Better playing centrally than many might think and very quick when fit.......... which is the one doubt I would have. Certainly likely to fit our style of play better than many of the alternatives

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
pretty sure that isnt true - Johnny Cantor's suggestion that we might go for Peter Lovenkrands has a truer ring to it. It hasnt worked out for him at Birmingham and they need to save money desperately so would happily offload him. Better playing centrally than many might think and very quick when fit.......... which is the one doubt I would have. Certainly likely to fit our style of play better than many of the alternatives

Lovenkrands is 33 now and has had so many injuries that he no longer has any pace. I'd rather get an unproven youngster in on loan than someone in their mid thirties.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Lovenkrands is 33 now and has had so many injuries that he no longer has any pace. I'd rather get an unproven youngster in on loan than someone in their mid thirties.

Remember whoever comes in is unlikely to play more than 20 minutes a game and there are only 8 to 11 max games to play :lol:

Not sure age is as much a factor as experience and guile at the sharp end of the season........

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Remember whoever comes in is unlikely to play more than 20 minutes a game and there are only 8 to 11 max games to play :lol:

Not sure age is as much a factor as experience and guile at the sharp end of the season........

That is true, unless something happens to Ulloa. Also, we've got plenty of experience in the squad now so I don't see any issues in getting someone in who's a bit younger.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Lonvenkrands would have added another Nationality, but probably not a lot else...

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
The new Phil Stant (one for the Withdean gang there).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here