Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet charged by the FA...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Seems a bit late to sling this charge in. I presume when he made the comments they thought he was probably right and it was best ignored.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
His defence will be "Actually I really didn't mean it, he was rather good actually, please come again"

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
"If it's not looked at it's embarrassing. If they think it's the right person to put in this kind of game it's up to them. For me it's still embarrassing. And if I was a director or the owner of this football club I would be very disappointed with them. I was expecting the biggest Premier League manager (referee) available to come to this game".

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The FA really is a joke. They should be charging Pawson for this display prior to the Palace game, not Gus.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
"If it's not looked at it's embarrassing. If they think it's the right person to put in this kind of game it's up to them. For me it's still embarrassing. And if I was a director or the owner of this football club I would be very disappointed with them. I was expecting the biggest Premier League manager (referee) available to come to this game".

So he's called the FA 'embarrassing'.. thin skin much?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
You can't have managers coming out in the press criticising the appointment of a ref. That's obvious. He will take a fine and be happy that having done so Pawson was very much on side. Job done :)

albionite

May 20, 2009
You can't have managers coming out in the press criticising the appointment of a ref. That's obvious. He will take a fine and be happy that having done so Pawson was very much on side. Job done :)

Pretty much this. Fergie style of influencing the ref before the game

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Exactly. A graduate from The Fergy School of Mindgames.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
And I would gladly pay the likely £5k fine, as I am sure Gus will. Lovely stuff :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I heard that this offence is being dealt with by the Fergie Section of the FA as they don't have much on this week due to the international break.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

True, and l take your point. But as it turned out he was excellent. Handled the game very well. So on this occasion, for once, they were right to appoint him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here