Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tramadol.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What experiences have people had in the use of this? Thank you.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This for you Mr Deep?

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
My Dad had a bad reaction to it - it made him very disorientated - in the words of a pharmacist I spoke to this week "sends you a bit loopy". Apparently this is a known side effect for some people

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Taking warfarin, anything ending on ..ol I can take, anything ending in fen I can't. So if you're taking blood thinners, don't take it.

I will ask laura, she is brilliant in the field of pain relief.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I got a mix reaction from two people i knew who took it as a anti depressant. It's difficult to say but i would take the prescription and see how you get on with it. If your not happy for one reason or another then go back to see your doctor like i did(I wasn't taking this drug) and ask for something else.

BHAJ

Jun 17, 2011
Southwick
Be sure to gradually reduce the dosage when coming of them, after taking them for pain relief for a couple of weeks they made me an emotional wreck so I decided to stop without reading the leaflet, had the squits and extreme anxiety attacks for few days after that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I had it for back pain and didn't like it at all. First time I tried it I was disoriented. Second time I threw up a lot.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have taken Tramodol for quite a long time, never had any side effects (and I do take an Asprin every day for blood thinning) and I find them brilliant.

In all honesty Doug I pesonally think that all medicines will affect people so differantly its almost impossible to go on others experiences.

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

Southcoast Corsair

Sep 12, 2012
lost at sea
Like most effective pain relief, can be addictive and progressively requires a slight increase in dosage for the required effect. Can cause hallucinations. In my experience not to be taken before driving, situations involving social interaction (drooling offends) or before meetings with the boss. Otherwise its great, not many decent painkillers out there for the general masses when you get to the sharp end of life. But whats good for me may not suit you. If all else fails have some with a decent bottle of red and BANG, space cadet.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
The pills I had I was meant to take once 3 times a day but I took 2 3 times a day by the 4th one mid day I was on the floor!

Powerful stuff

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Had them during/afeter an operation - brilliant pain reliever - no after affects apart from feeling very dozy - had a load left over and take them very occasionaly as a sleeping pill - great night sleeps

My mother used them some time back but had severe sickness with them

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My mother in law uses them for pain relief and gets on with them ok, I was prescribed them and was buzzing and had an awful comedown after taking them for 2 days

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
My brother in law was on them for a whole for back pain, he came home one day saying that he'd seen a yellow and blue pheasant on his drive back from work. He was adamant it was nothing to do with the tramadol. I think it probably was.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not to be alarmist but like a number of drugs of its type in my experience it can trigger drug induced dementia for SOME people and in combination with other medication. It did for my wife in combination with diazapam and once stopped her cognition returned to normal.
Have someone close keeping an eye on you for behavioural or cognitive changes and ensure it is someone who is able to argue with a GP as not all doctors recognise the condition or their responsibility. On the other hand I know people it works well for so be aware but dont overly worry

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I found them weak and ineffective along with paracetamol (eight(8) of each a day) did nothing to stave off the pain(arthritis) now on Diclofenac (2) when I have been prescribed 3 a day
any painkillers are not good for your stomach if taken for any length of time apparently

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Had them during/afeter an operation - brilliant pain reliever - no after affects apart from feeling very dozy - had a load left over and take them very occasionaly as a sleeping pill - great night sleeps

My mother used them some time back but had severe sickness with them

same with me, in fact i'm about to pop on right now

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We once had woman - who was picking something up from our house with her husband - collapse and have a seizure of some sort and stop breathing for a short while. We put her in the recovery position, and she was ok in the end, but she still had to be taken to hospital by ambulance. Turns out she had taken double the normal prescribed dose of Tramadol for back pains a couple of hours earlier.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I was prescribed them for back pain. I am allergic to opiates and went into a massive itching state. Don't bother anymore, just take OTC relief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here