Managers transfer window?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can see the logic from the football view but surely the owners like Venkys Abramovich etc would say its my club/business I will hire and fire whenever I want or need to protect my business

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i was thinking this the other day. dont know if i mis-read it but apparently there's been 17 managerial changes this season in the Championship. i know Blackburn has skewed things, but that really is bonkers.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I can see the logic from the football view but surely the owners like Venkys Abramovich etc would say its my club/business I will hire and fire whenever I want or need to protect my business

That's a fair point, but why does that not apply to players? If anything, they probably have more of a say on the future of said business because they directly affect thing on the pitch?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Didn't hear the LMA kicking up a fuss when Appleton walked out on first Pompey then Blackpool.

It's a two way street, managers walk away from contracts if it suits them, clubs sack managers if it suits them.

They are all as bad as each other, no loyalty anywhere.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't hear the LMA kicking up a fuss when Appleton walked out on first Pompey then Blackpool.

It's a two way street, managers walk away from contracts if it suits them, clubs sack managers if it suits them.

This.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

This - the idea of a transfer window for managers is idiotic for me. Though a rule on only replacing a manager once every 2 or so seasons wouldnt go a miss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's a fair point, but why does that not apply to players? If anything, they probably have more of a say on the future of said business because they directly affect thing on the pitch?[/QUOTE

Not really because the players are only on the pitch if picked by the manager so ultimately he is the one affecting the business,.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's a stupid idea which wouldn't be workable. As someone else said as well, if managers get offered a better job 99 times out of 100 they'll jump ship so it works both ways.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Find it hard to have much sympathy for Appleton - he walked out on two jobs to end up working for the Venkys. And he got a payoff when he was "sacked". If Ince hadn't have taken the Blackburn job at the drop of a hat maybe he'd be more established than he is now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's a stupid idea which wouldn't be workable. As someone else said as well, if managers get offered a better job 99 times out of 100 they'll jump ship so it works both ways.

If there was a transfer window they couldn't get offered another job because there wouldn't be a vacancy.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If there was a transfer window they couldn't get offered another job because there wouldn't be a vacancy.

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm saying managers are just as unloyal as clubs, a transfer window would stop that from happening but it's a silly idea. If Gus (for example) lost 20 games on the trot, I'd want him to be sacked (instead of having to wait until the end of the season when we will most likely be relegated). There should be a limit on the number of managers appointable in a year maybe, just not a specific period.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here