Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway unhappy with strike force!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Now let me get this right.

The hypocrites up the road keep saying that all we do is get in old players on huge wages?

Now they have taken our 30 year old highest earner in Dobbie.

They have now taken on a 32 year old ex world cup player, who has scored 8 goals in 37 appearances in the last 2 years, who wont come cheap.

A good 39 year old championship player who also will not have come cheap.

They have a first team squad of 31 to our 24 and at minimum of £10k a year, they are paying around £60k a year more then us.
How can they afford to do this on such low gates?

They criticise all other clubs for spending too much money chasing the Premiership dream, well it is looking a little like sh*t or bust for them again.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Wikipedia tells me he has been playing in the Qatari league these last few years and has since been released so you'll excuse me if I'm not quaking in my boots.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The hypocrites up the road keep saying that all we do is get in old players on huge wages?

They have now taken on a 32 year old ex world cup player, who has scored 8 goals in 37 appearances in the last 2 years, who wont come cheap.

They have a first team squad of 31 to our 24 and at minimum of £10k a year, they are paying around £60k a year more then us.

They criticise all other clubs for spending too much money chasing the Premiership dream, well it is looking a little like sh*t or bust for them again.

And they are offering Murray a 1million a year contract, maybe.

The strategy is spend, spend, spend the Zaha cash.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

a 39 year old championship player who also will not have come cheap.

Who we couldn't afford to sign, allegedly, even on our gates and turnover.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Our gates are average for this division, but we've just sold a player for £10m up front that could rise to over £20m with addons, and we've also got Jon Williams who we'll probably get a similar fee for.

Sh*t or bust? Errr... no. Sorry.

Has signed another striker, former pompey forward Aruna Dindane. Could be bad news for someone in the run in.

Our strikeforce consists of Murray and Phillips. Two excellent players at this level who have been doing fantastically well, but if one (or god forbid, two) of them gets injured then we'd be screwed.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Who we couldn't afford to sign, allegedly, even on our gates and turnover.

I'm sure the reason we couldn't sign KP was because he didn't want a move down south. Yet he's at Palace so it was clear that his heads been turned by a big wad of cash.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm sure the reason we couldn't sign KP was because he didn't want a move down south. Yet he's at Palace so it was clear that his heads been turned by a big wad of cash.

More to do with Holloway I'd have thought tbh

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

As would mine be. Probably last season of his career, who wouldn't take the money?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Still think they'll balls it up. My money's on us doing them in the P.O.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Laugh all you want but you're wrong. Mark my words, Williams, if he can avoid serious injury, will leave us one day for an 8 figure sum.

In regards to Dindane, seems a very decent signing, an international with real pedigree. He scored nearly a goal every other game in the Premiership a few years back. We have let Jermaine Easter leave for Millwall so that frees up a space in the squad + wages and I'd certainly say Dindane is an upgrade.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Laugh all you want but you're wrong. Mark my words, Williams, if he can avoid serious injury, will leave us one day for an 8 figure sum.

e.

What? Eight grand? Behave.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here