Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's musical recommendadtions

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Today I will mostly be getting down to the funky music of James Brown

The Album is In The Jungle Groove and it is quite the best album I have in my collection. Sod Genesis and Supertramp, this is the dogs furry dangly bits.

Check out FUNKY DRUMMER on youtube. What a brilliant drummer Clyde Stubblefield was.

Funny as you get older, you start to listen for stuff that didnt interest you in your teens,

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is the drum and voice version. I defy you to listen without tapping your feet.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Funny as you get older, you start to listen for stuff that didnt interest you in your teens

That's so true Dave.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well if we're recommending stuff I'll tip the nod to "Black Rebel Motorcycle Club" 'cos I'm off to see them late tonight.

Try out Six Barrel Shotgun, or Spread Your Love, or Windows.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Following the recent BBC docu I have found myself listening to all my old Graham Parker albums.

Forgotten how good he is.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well if we're recommending stuff I'll tip the nod to "Black Rebel Motorcycle Club" 'cos I'm off to see them late tonight.

Try out Six Barrel Shotgun, or Spread Your Love, or Windows.

what sort of music is it?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sorry. Should have said. It's basically "alternative rock", although a check of Wiki offers the following smorgasbord of genres to choose from...

garage rock revival, blues rock, neo-psychedelia, post-punk revival, noise rock, hard rock, Americana

Nope. I'm none the wiser either.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry. Should have said. It's basically "alternative rock", although a check of Wiki offers the following smorgasbord of genres to choose from...

garage rock revival, blues rock, neo-psychedelia, post-punk revival, noise rock, hard rock, Americana

Nope. I'm none the wiser either.

Ok I will check them out on youtube...thanks Jim

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here