Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Best player - scotland

Dec 29, 2011
A small part of him must wish he'd held out for England. You never know what the next three year could hold and I'm sure he'd want 1 England cap much more than 100 Scotland caps. Still happy for the lad though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
some bloke from Chelsea yoof team posted on facebook how brilliant it was for him and how well he played.

I think his days here are numbered if we dont get up

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
A small part of him must wish he'd held out for England. You never know what the next three year could hold and I'm sure he'd want 1 England cap much more than 100 Scotland caps. Still happy for the lad though.

Agree.

Carrick or Bridders? Playing the sitting role.

Carrick excellent passer of a ball - Bridders developing so so quickly a true inspirational player with true leadership qualities.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wish he'd stop attracting all this attention. We need to keep him for as long as possible.

He is already being noticed. I had a look on the Norwich forum, The pink'un for news on Jackson. They would be pleased for SJ to come to us, particularly if it helped them get Bridcutt.

Whatever happens, this will be his last season in The Championship methinks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jordan Rhodes looks increasingly like the biggest waste of money since Chelsea spunked £40k a week on Winston Bogarde. I know Bridcutt isn't a striker like Rhodes, but seriously they are incomparible in terms of class aren't they?

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Agree.

Carrick or Bridders? Playing the sitting role.

Carrick excellent passer of a ball - Bridders developing so so quickly a true inspirational player with true leadership qualities.

Bridcutt or Chalobah?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bridcutt or Chalobah?

Play a similar role in very different ways. Combine the two and my word, would you have a FORMIDABLE midfield axis. :ohmy:

Just for argument sake;

Kuszczak
Bruno Greer Upson Bridge
Bridcutt Chalobah
Dave Vicente Orlandi
Ulloa​

We would have been by FAR the greatest team, the world had EVER seen.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder what we'd get for him? I'm guessing around £6m, although I do think he's worth more than that.

Don't think you are far off. Minimum of £5M. Could be £8M or even more. Especially, now that he is an established international.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Watching him last night he had much more positional awareness than the rest of the midfield he was playing with, cant wait to see him playing at Hampden on decent pitch, the Jocks are going to love him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't think you are far off. Minimum of £5M. Could be £8M or even more. Especially, now that he is an established international.

As long as there's a big sell on percentage, then 5M+, with other add ons, would be a good deal.

It would help us massively with our budget next year when FFP kicks in.

If we go up this year of course, I reckon he'll stay another year or 2.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As long as there's a big sell on percentage, then 5M+, with other add ons, would be a good deal.

It would help us massively with our budget next year when FFP kicks in.

If we go up this year of course, I reckon he'll stay another year or 2.

Looking at the Albion accounts that were posted a few days ago, we seem to be better placed than most clubs with our wages as a % of income. I'm hoping that Paul B has negotiated a nice fat shirt fee with Amex to lower the deficit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Looking at the Albion accounts that were posted a few days ago, we seem to be better placed than most clubs with our wages as a % of income. I'm hoping that Paul B has negotiated a nice fat shirt fee with Amex to lower the deficit.
Do you happen to know the name of the thread title for these accounts? I can't find them anywhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here