Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Even Glenn and Wilfred can't cheer them up. Croydon is the 2nd........

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
....most unhappy place in the UK, according to a new survey.They are only beaten into
1st place by East London which is home to WHU and Leyton O.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I was there last week, the best part of Croydon was leaving if im honest and im not just saying that as a Brighton fan.

When that new Westfield eventually opens, it might actually make Croydon a visitable place, god forbid. Perhaps we should open a store up there and steal some of their fanbase ?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's a weird old place. Somewhere that seems to have lacked planning vision of any kind.

It's London without quite being London, Surrey without really being Surrey. A kind of sprawling nothingness without an identity or a focal point.

BUT it is the home of Nestle UK. Hooray!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Very grim place. Although if you feel like being a minority for the day, Ikea is worth a whizz around. Just don't eat the hot dogs or meatballs.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Glenn and Wilfried can't cheer us up :(

Maybe Aruna Dindane can?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's a weird old place. Somewhere that seems to have lacked planning vision of any kind.

It's London without quite being London, Surrey without really being Surrey. A kind of sprawling nothingness without an identity or a focal point.

BUT it is the home of Nestle UK. Hooray!
A wasteland.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I’ve moved to Clapham Common now but still have plenty of friends in the area and visit regularly it has its problems like any large town or city but on the whole it’s a great place to live and for every Jeremy Kyle chav there’s an interesting alternative type. I’ll get flamed for this but in many ways away from the cookie cutter high street bars and shops it has a similar a social and music scene to Brighton, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Tunny Wells CP

May 27, 2011
We know its a cess pit, which is why most CP fans actually don't live near the place (a fact highlighted once in a BBS poll). :whistle:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We know its a cess pit, which is why most CP fans actually don't live near the place (a fact highlighted once in a BBS poll). :whistle:

Yep. Like you i live in a nice part of Surrey. A fair few of my fellow Palace mates live near here and a lot live in the main parts of London, places like Wimbledon, Camden and Victoria. Still, the weed fans love to make up stuff about us just to make themselves feel better about themselves. Bless :angel:

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
or a dose of salts.........you can bet your nuts we'll be here playing each other next season and you KNOW it....just admit it.......you'll feel better afterwards....honest.

I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe you are basing your judgement of us on the 3-0. Silly Sydney

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
or a dose of salts.........you can bet your nuts we'll be here playing each other next season and you KNOW it....just admit it.......you'll feel better afterwards....honest.

I don't think so. We are in a great position to get second spot and you might still scrape the playoffs. Who knows what could happen.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe you are basing your judgement of us on the 3-0. Silly Sydney

what else is there to go on then ...? i was ****ing gutted when you beat us this season and last season .......but we demoralised you at The Amex the other week.......you couldn't cope.......... jedinak wil lbe red carded within the next three games.......murray has probably got his mistress up the schute , zaha is off and so is bolaise........if you don't go up this year you are done...and you know it...!! :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here