Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK Border Agency to be scrapped - how much will that cost the taxpayer?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
UKBA was set up six years ago. I wonder how much of taxpayers money was spent on setting up the department and putting up all those nice shiny signs at airports and ports?

Now it's going to be scrapped and absorbed back into the Home Office, I wonder how much of taxpayers money will be spent dismantling the department and replacing all the UK Borders signs with some new signs.

Madness. Ministers spend money with absolutely no regard to the fact that it has originated from hard-working taxpayers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is the reason for this?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's worse than that, the bint that presided over the debacle that was the UK Border Agency. Has been rewarded with the CEO job at Revenue and Customs.
She must have done a really good job as Permanent Secretary at the Dept. for Transport. :facepalm: :wrong:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
UKBA was set up six years ago. I wonder how much of taxpayers money was spent on setting up the department and putting up all those nice shiny signs at airports and ports?

Now it's going to be scrapped and absorbed back into the Home Office, I wonder how much of taxpayers money will be spent dismantling the department and replacing all the UK Borders signs with some new signs.

Madness. Ministers spend money with absolutely no regard to the fact that it has originated from hard-working taxpayers.

I guess the bedroom tax money will be offset against the splitting of the agency. :lol:

I see the cretin that oversaw the shambles that has led to a backlog of cases that will takes 20+ years to clear has been moved to become Head of HMRC at a nice cushy £180,000 per year. We are all in this together!! Really?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's worse than that, the bint that presided over the debacle that was the UK Border Agency. Has been rewarded with the CEO job at Revenue and Customs.
She must have done a really good job as Permanent Secretary at the Dept. for Transport. :facepalm: :wrong:

Over £350k a year for doing a poor job. Good work if you can get it

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
No wonder we are in such a state when senior managers don't really have to prove what they have done, just breeze through a 'competence' based system.

Dot the right i's, cross the right t's and you're in. That is until she goes....with a hefty pay-off, no doubt.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The only way to avoid this withdraw from parts of European law. Can't do that some may say,try it and watch the money pour into the U/K (Where it can decide it's rules) as much i was not a Maggie fan 'You can't buck the market' .

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
25 years worth of unprocessed claims, no idea where 10s of thousands of failed incomers are and 100'000 unopened letters at the UKBA. What a fricking mess. Now the secretary of state wants to control it all from her office in Whitehall. We might as well just give up and declare open season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here