Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news on the PIG?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Has there been any news on PIG after he pulled up towards the end of the Palace game?

Will he be ready for the game on Saturday?

I bloody hope so, we would have made the playoffs last season if we'd had him in goal.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I bloody hope so, we would have made the playoffs last season if we'd had him in goal.

I've seen this posted several times but we are two points down at the same stage as last season. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great keeper, but it does puzzle me.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's pretty simple really, if we'd have got another 10 points last year then we would have made the play offs. The theory is that Kuszczak would have won us those ten points. I'm not sure that he would though.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think he would've won us a good few points last season.

We let in a howler at Middlesbrough away, Harper probably should've stopped Nolan's shot vs West Ham at home, Ankergren should've saved Simpson's shot at Millwall, just a few off the top of my head.

I'd still like to see Kuszczak save a penalty though.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Are people really saying they don't think we would of gained more points last season with PIG in goal??? In other words you think he is on par with Brez & Casper??? You most be mad.

No, they (well me, anyway) are saying that they're not sure he would have won us another ten points. That's a hell of a lot for one player. Pretty sure we'd have been a lot closer if we'd have had him in goal though, even if we didn't quite make it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No, they (well me, anyway) are saying that they're not sure he would have won us another ten points. That's a hell of a lot for one player. Pretty sure we'd have been a lot closer if we'd have had him in goal though, even if we didn't quite make it.

Not to mention we gave up towards the end of last season, with PIG in goal we would have been right in the hunt for playoffs, but lets see how it pans out this season, this is the one that counts.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Even I think we'd have been about 10 points better off last with Kuszczak in goal. And I think he is vastly overated on here by many.

Direct comparisons are worthless in reality anyway.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Has there been any news on PIG after he pulled up towards the end of the Palace game?

Will he be ready for the game on Saturday? The main question in the thread was will he be fit for Sat. also the only one that matters, Will he or won't he?

I bloody hope so, we would have made the playoffs last season if we'd had ]
him in goal.[/QUOTE

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's pretty simple really, if we'd have got another 10 points last year then we would have made the play offs. The theory is that Kuszczak would have won us those ten points. I'm not sure that he would though.
Save of the match against Palace re.Upson header

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
interesting and important question:

Will he be ready for the game on Saturday?

but no, let's totally ignore it and focus on this:

we would have made the playoffs last season if we'd had him in goal.

tumblr_kzhxmzvDxB1qboiiho1_400.gif

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stalker Alert - He lives round the corner from me..........His car hasn't moved in a week.... If he cant drive then I doubt he can play 90mins in goal......over

That is worrying, although he might be in Poland, or somewhere else.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that his saves have earned us 10 points this season at least. The latest to spring to mind is his save from Upson against Palace had that gone in nobody knows what would have happened

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here