Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotels in Brighton

Seasidave

Jul 22, 2011
Hi All,
Just a bit of help if you can oblige. Coming down for the Blackpool game in April, any good hotel recommendations? As long as its clean, en suite and has parking.
Prices seem pretty high. Thought about Rottingdean, 3 miles away?
Any help/advice is appreciated. Off out round Brighton Saturday night after the game so needs to be reasonably near for getting back to early hours.
Many thanks in anticipation.
All The Best
Dave

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Jury's Inn?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Travelodge near Preston Park? I'm guessing it's cheaper than the seafront one and not too far from town (plus you can get a train from London Road).

Last edited:

Seasidave

Jul 22, 2011
Thank you to everyone for your help its greatly appreciated. Looked at Prem Inns and Travelodges, very expensive. I'll checkout Preston Park and Lewes again. Jury's Inn is extortionate for those dates. Once again thank you for taking the time in trying to help.
If my trip to Brighton is half as good as last season I will be extremely happy.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Thank you to everyone for your help its greatly appreciated. Looked at Prem Inns and Travelodges, very expensive. I'll checkout Preston Park and Lewes again. Jury's Inn is extortionate for those dates. Once again thank you for taking the time in trying to help.
If my trip to Brighton is half as good as last season I will be extremely happy.

Very expensive? Extortionate? This is Brighton darling, not some provincial northern town that prides itself on its metropolitan mix of visitors from Scotland and Manchester!

That aside, our hotel prices down here are generally going to be a fair bit higher than those in Blackpool, same as our beer prices and match day ticket prices. Oh well.....

I hope you find a better hotel down here than the one I stayed in on my only visit to Blackpool. Scummy sheets, scummy room, scummy landlady, but I was so w**kered that weekend that it really didn't matter, I was the scummy guest!

I hope you enjoy your visit, and that the sunshine finally arrives.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Ye agree with Rev try Lewes easy in on train to game good pubs before and just get a cab back if your late probably work out cheaper and easier

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You needed to book about six months ago if you wanted a bargain. All hotels in Brighton are full every weekend of the year. The place down the marina tends to be one of the cheapest.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hope you find a better hotel down here than the one I stayed in on my only visit to Blackpool. Scummy sheets, scummy room, scummy landlady, but I was so w**kered that weekend that it really didn't matter, I was the scummy guest!

Was it the Gr8 Hotel? :ohmy:

51698_2007FH_IMG_00_0000.JPG

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
You needed to book about six months ago if you wanted a bargain. All hotels in Brighton are full every weekend of the year. The place down the marina tends to be one of the cheapest.

I assume you mean hotel Seattle? I stayed there for two nights last weekend. Paid 220 quid which included breakfast both days and dinner one of the nights. Plenty of other places to eat at the marina too. Decent enough hotel.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Try THE BLUE LAGOON HOVE pub about 10 mins from city centre in a taxi it's right opposite where Adele & Fat Boy Slim live and next to the beach in Hove ( and a lagoon )
Good rates as it's not in the city centre

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I stayed at The Imperial in September and thought it was great, booked it only a week or so before leaving, nice location (only a 10 minute walk to Portslade Station for the game) right near the seafront for bracing strol (very bracing at the mo' I guess), very roomy and (I thought reasonable). Also there's a Tesco's on the corner (don't suppose that makes it unique come to think of it)....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here