Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please VOTE for my charity to win an award for orangutan conservation!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hi all,

Some of you know me, most don't, but for the last 18 years in-between supporting Brighton I've been working as a conservation biologist in the Borneo rainforest. As the title says, my charity - the Orangutan Tropical Peatland Trust - has been shortlisted to win an award of £20,000 from the European Outdoor Conservation Association. If we win, we will fund community patrols to stop illegal logging and fight forest-fires, replant natural rainforest and monitor orangutan health and survival in the Sabangau peat-swamp forest. This will make a real difference to my project and to the protection of one of the most important areas of rainforest left in Borneo.

In the past on NSC I've voted variously for people to win comedy awards, to get sent into space or be the new Scunny honey, so this is now my attempt to come cap in hand and win your backing! You can vote via our website here (or direct to the voting page here),and please encourage your friends and colleagues to vote too.

Cheers, I really appreciate your help,

Simon

Gracia+infant.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It wont let me vote as my cookies are disabled, I will try and rectify on a MAC and vote, I wish you could have two votes - Fruits for Bears who doesnt believe in that one.

Well done anyhow, I only ever see the Orangs at Monkey World and they are fabulous and worthy.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
It wont let me vote as my cookies are disabled, I will try and rectify on a MAC and vote, I wish you could have two votes - Fruits for Bears who doesnt believe in that one.

Well done anyhow, I only ever see the Orangs at Monkey World and they are fabulous and worthy.

Using the direct link above is a little dodgy. That message came up for me also. Just hit refresh, and then it will let you vote.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Done. Good luck.

Shame they can't all get a grant tbh. Some worthy claims there.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Done. Good luck with it, KG.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Usually avoid these threads like the plague as I don't support vote rigging. But, as this is for a particular cause that is worthy, I have voted. :) Although every one of these causes are worthy. Good luck. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here