And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
images

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish has warned fans who use Twitter to send abuse to players and staff at the club that they face being banned from Selhurst Park.

A number of players and Parish himself have received messages filled with expletives in recent weeks - particularly following the defeat to rivals Brighton.

He told the Croydon Advertiser: "These people are giving our club a bad name. It's a tiny minority of fans who ruin it for people and cause problems, and they expect me to accept it.

"Well I'm not going to accept it. If you come on Twitter and call me this and that, you're going to get banned.

"If I know who you are, you're banned from the ground until you learn how to speak to people properly.."

I guess it's his club not the fans', then.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
" you're going to get banned.

you're banned from until you learn how to speak properly.."........................that's them fect then...." gruw , gruw ,gruew....groo ...grooooop....groupon.....:ffsparr:

As much as I like to have a laugh at the goings on at palace, especially their rants on twitter and BBS, which incidentally is in the throes of another outburst from one of them, I agree 100% with him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Tin pot is the only way to describe that complete farce of a club. They really are the complete opposite of Tony Bloom - a man who knows how to run a club with professionalism and dignity and who's family are steeped in Albion history. We are so very lucky.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Tin pot is the only way to describe that complete farce of a club. They really are the complete opposite of Tony Bloom - a man who knows how to run a club with professionalism and dignity and who's family are steeped in Albion history. We are so very lucky.

Yes totally agree very well said.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Spoke to a Palace mate about it, he's beyond embarrassed. He thinks he should come off twitter, he's too flouncy. Focus on getting a new stadium or on the promotion campaign, getting all upset about people who have a go on twitter is just tinpot.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
What is wrong with wanting to remove an element of 'support' that takes to the internet to issue threats of violence to players, staff and even players' families? It's almost as if ANY soundbite from Palace is jumped on by you lot of snivelling bitter little things until you can come up with some way of mocking or trying to improve the look of your small club.

What would you have the Albion board do when the staff are subjected to threats and viscous insults by some cowardly net dwellers? Get them to bring along some of their prem supporting mates to further fill your ground with other team's fans?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest Steve Parish is right to take a stand and ban the abusers on twitter. Actions have consequences, a good lesson.

Fundamentally, I think he makes a mistake being on twitter himself. Maybe ok if he just used it to send out info or put out a message, but when he get's drawn into debates, there's always the potential for a slanging match to develop, and tinpot chaos to ensue.

Very entertaining though, abuse aside, so thanks for that, Steve.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is wrong with wanting to remove an element of 'support' that takes to the internet to issue threats of violence to players, staff and even players' families? It's almost as if ANY soundbite from Palace is jumped on by you lot of snivelling bitter little things until you can come up with some way of mocking or trying to improve the look of your small club.

What would you have the Albion board do when the staff are subjected to threats and viscous insults by some cowardly net dwellers? Get them to bring along some of their prem supporting mates to further fill your ground with other team's fans?

How about less of the sour-faced spin yourself ??? :lolol:

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
So what are we bitter about? You beat us and still you'll moan about us and everything that goes on at our club. Our attendances, our board, our players, our league position. Don't think I have seen such in depth discussions about these aspects of your club. We hated being beaten by you but soon enough we were looking ahead to finishing the job of promotion in order to not have to play you lot again and to put up with your whining about how great your attendances are and your business model and your owners - yet you still will want what we have. Murray, Premiership status and a successful academy.

Enjoy beating us the once and then concentrate on your own club. You are embarrassing yourselves.

Oct 25, 2003
Its abour time that wannabe disney prince gets off twitter....he's supposed to be a football club chairman, not some **** down the pub...use the twitter for press releases etc

Same goes for that peterborough idiot...have some dignity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here