Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion striker to miss start of next season [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion striker to miss start of next season[/h]in Albion By Andy Naylor
2383792.jpg
Craig Mackail-Smith is expected to be out for six months
Albion will kick-off next season in the Championship or Premier League without injured top scorer Craig Mackail-Smith.
The promotion-chasing Seagulls will have to cope without Mackail-Smith in the early stages of the 2013-14 campaign as he recovers from rupturing an Achilles.
The former Peterborough marksman suffered the injury during the first half of Albion’s goalless draw at Bristol City three weeks ago.
Surgery in Finland to repair the damage was successful but Mackail-Smith has revealed in a twitter exchange with Scotland international team-mate Charlie Adam that he will not be ready for a return to action until September.
Mackail-Smith, in conversation with Adams, tweeted: “Injury’s going to be a very slow process. I’m on crutches for at least eight weeks, then it’s a case of learning to put pressure on Achillies and learning to walk again.
“Surgeon reckons I’ll be fit to play in six months so need to keep myself occupied.”
Albion are still plotting to sign a replacement striker on loan before Thursday’s deadline, with Will Hoskins also sidelined for the rest of the season by a serious knee injury and Ashley Barnes serving a long-term ban.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here