Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What age do you think you will live to ?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
How long do you think you will live to taking into account advances in medicines, family history for illnesses or even life style ?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
No idea. I reckon I'd take 78 if you offered it to me now though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Often thought about this question. Late 50's for me i reckon.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
If I carry on the way I am I won't make 40 :-(

I need a serious kick up the backside and a long hard look at myself

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I felt better when I was alive.

I'v already beaten the actuaries and getting to my next winter fuel allowance would be a win.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
If I carry on the way I am I won't make 40 :-(

I need a serious kick up the backside and a long hard look at myself

OK Rio.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm only 26 now so I'm not sure if I'll do something between now and 40 that will set me on a bad path but currently I'm a good boy. Never smoked, only had two or 3 years of technically drinking 'too much', eat quite well.

The only thing that'll get me is that I'm a skinny git and eat anything in sight now. Eventually that will catch up on me so that could be my downfall.

I'll go for a confident 88. I have the goal to train my kid immediately to kick a football, thus leading him to become a mega-rich superstar and look after his dad.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
My mums side of the family live longer than giant tortoises but my dads side has given me a slightly dodgy heart. So who knows? At least long enough to enjoy some retirement.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Whatever it is, all I know is that it just goes quicker and quicker. When you're in your twenties, there seems to be years and years ahead. Your thirties are busy times, swallowed up with kids growing up, school and progression at work. Before you know it, you are in your forties and it suddenly dawns on you that you have passed halfway. The waistline thickens, you puff and blow a bit, some grey hair appears ( unless you are very lucky ) and the wife starts acting very strange.
Fifty is the big one. Once past, its all uphill. You start finding that you get stiffer ( No, not that!!! ) Not so easy getting out of cars and bending down. You don't fancy women the same age but spend most of your life lusting after younger women.
As you've guessed, I'm in my fifties. Reasonably fit but with no idea what lies ahead. Providing I've still got my faculties, I'd take anything between 75 and 85.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here