Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Chalobah....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought he was the best player on the pitch by a mile first half, absolutely magnificent. What a player he will go on to be.

Wisdom and Townsend on the right were sheer comedy. Wisdom will be a good centre back though, big and strong.

Overall, I reckon Chalobah, Shelvey, Wickham, Dawson, Henderson, Sterling and McEachran will break into the England team at some point. The others were pure filler, decent players but nothing too special in context.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wickham took his goal very well but apart from that was dreadful, appalling first touch.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wickham took his goal very well but apart from that was dreadful, appalling first touch.

Still very young though. I think he'll mature eventually and be a handful. He needs to play games though. Townsend might even have been a player if he played more first team games. He has been loaned out several times and done nothing.

Jordan Henderson will be the captain in a few years time.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Still very young though. I think he'll mature eventually and be a handful. He needs to play games though. Townsend might even have been a player if he played more first team games. He has been loaned out several times and done nothing.

Jordan Henderson will be the captain in a few years time.

If Henderson is the answer then I don't want to know what the question is

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I thought he was the best player on the pitch by a mile first half, absolutely magnificent. What a player he will go on to be.

Wisdom and Townsend on the right were sheer comedy. Wisdom will be a good centre back though, big and strong.

Overall, I reckon Chalobah, Shelvey, Wickham, Dawson, Henderson, Sterling and McEachran will break into the England team at some point. The others were pure filler, decent players but nothing too special in context.

EVERYTHING went through Chalobah when we played Watford at the Amex, more so than us with Bridcutt.

He was class again tonight, and has been every time i've seen him on the telly box. If Gus has any chance of bringing him in on loan next season we should look to do so.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
after watching that game, i have to say we have no hope in the next 20 years of winning anything,

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If Henderson is the answer then I don't want to know what the question is

Hilarious. Henderson is a fantastic player.

EVERYTHING went through Chalobah when we played Watford at the Amex, more so than us with Bridcutt.

He was class again tonight, and has been every time i've seen him on the telly box. If Gus has any chance of bringing him in on loan next season we should look to do so.

Yep, he is a top class young player. Wilshere, Chalobah and Henderson are the future of the England midfield.

after watching that game, i have to say we have no hope in the next 20 years of winning anything,

We played a friendly vs Austria, who had 2 men sent off. Hardly the opportunity to scare the footballing world. But be a pessimist and negative, it is the hope that kills!

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Looking at the current u21 crop, I think that the future of England looks distinctly...average...
Chalobah and maceacheran could be very handy, but both are still too young to really tell, players like Henderson and wickham will be decent international squad players at best. Ah well, a decade of relying on jack wilshere awaits...

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Shelvey looked quality tonight, Gerrard-esque I thought. Rose and Townsend impressed me too and I know they scored but Wickham and Sordell, woe betide :eek:

Don't think they ref should have dished out two red cards in a friendly though, killed the game off completely.

Dec 29, 2011
Shelvey looked quality tonight, Gerrard-esque I thought. Rose and Townsend impressed me too and I know they scored but Wickham and Sordell, woe betide :eek:

Don't think they ref should have dished out two red cards in a friendly though, killed the game off completely.

Townsend? Thought he was shit myself :shrug:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I thought Shelvey looked good. Henderson on the other hand looked very poor as did Sterling.

Hilarious. Henderson is a fantastic player.

Yep, he is a top class young player. Wilshere, Chalobah and Henderson are the future of the England midfield.

We played a friendly vs Austria, who had 2 men sent off. Hardly the opportunity to scare the footballing world. But be a pessimist and negative, it is the hope that kills!

Extra hilarious - Henderson is a very poor excuse for a football player. I think you will have to agree your previous assessment of players has not always been the best.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Red cards were not really justified as the game was a friendly. Killed the game. I know by the laws of the game they were seedings off, but in the spirit of a friendly was it really necessary? Up to the first sending off I thought the Austrians were looking pretty useful.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

In all fairness the U21s are not always a guide to the future of a national team...I remember Zat Knight and Paul Konchesky being U21 regulars but thankfully they got nowhere near the first team for England!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Red cards were not really justified as the game was a friendly. Killed the game. I know by the laws of the game they were seedings off, but in the spirit of a friendly was it really necessary? Up to the first sending off I thought the Austrians were looking pretty useful.

This.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Agreed - he is a lump and his lack of pace and touch were there for all to see last night. His one bit of quality was his goal which I have to say he took very well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here