Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had to choose between Andrea Orlandi and Spanish Dave......

Battle of Spain....

• Orlandi

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Spanish Dave

Votes: 27 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Who would you say is the better all round midfielder?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Would choose Dave over Orlandi everyday. Orlandi is a tidy player, but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired and he is a bit lightweight for me...Dave get the vote.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
If that's your question then it's Dave. But they are different players, hence why they are both picked in the same team. Dave or Vicente would have been a better question.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
If that's your question then it's Dave. But they are different players, hence why they are both picked in the same team. Dave or Vicente would have been a better question.

You could put that arguement to Dave & Vicente. Dave rarely plays behind the striker pulling the strings like Vicente. Dave has been right wing, centre mid & right back this season. Probably closer to Orlandi IMO.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
You could put that arguement to Dave & Vicente. Dave rarely plays behind the striker pulling the strings like Vicente. Dave has been right wing, centre mid & right back this season. Probably closer to Orlandi IMO.

Very much this, hence my original question!!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Yeah but he's been picked precisesly because he can complement Orlandi. The idea that somehow they are comparable is ridiculous. If Orlandi wasn't fit then yes, Dave might play in the same position but otherwise they simply complement each other. Orlandi is a different specimen on the left that Dave. He's much more direct and Dave is much more flexible overall. But I just can't underastand why people want to compare them. When both fit they will both play and if Vicente was involved then it would be Dave I'd leave out ahead of Orlandi because Vicente, like Dave, is much more adaptable than Orlandi and we'd really miss Orlandi's directness. That's my view anyway.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Yeah but he's been picked precisesly because he can complement Orlandi. The idea that somehow they are comparable is ridiculous. If Orlandi wasn't fit then yes, Dave might play in the same position but otherwise they simply complement each other. Orlandi is a different specimen on the left that Dave. He's much more direct and Dave is much more flexible overall. But I just can't underastand why people want to compare them. When both fit they will both play and if Vicente was involved then it would be Dave I'd leave out ahead of Orlandi because Vicente, like Dave, is much more adaptable than Orlandi and we'd really miss Orlandi's directness. That's my view anyway.

Sorry I don't agree Dave is picked to compliment Orlandi at all. That to me seems ridiculous. Dave is picked for what he brings not to enhance Orlandi. I also don't agree you can't compare the two players. Fair enough if Vicente is fit then YOU'D Drop Dave for Orlandi but here you prove yourself that Dave is closer to Orlandi as its them two who are competing for a position if Gus decides to play Vicente in the hole behind the striker. That's not to say that Dave isn't adaptable enough to play on the wing or at right back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here