Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Players rejected to Paulo Di Canio being their Manager

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well that's no surprise to me Di Canio is a joke IMO and rumours are coming out of reading thats exactly what the reading players were saying if he was going to be appointed as manager maybe a factor changing the chairmans mind from giving him the job , it now looks like Adkins will be appointed manager very soon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should Mr Adkins get the Reading job he was born to do, assuming he was the third of triplets and the runt of the litter.
Can this be the gloating thread for all those that had cash on him when his odds lengthened during Gusgate.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
And yet some absolute NUMPTIES were suggesting him as a possible replacement for Gus.

The man is a nasty piece of work, a horrible little man with a horrible attitude and some properly backward thinking political views. I could've won league 2 with Swindon given the funds he had behind him. As soon as that financial advantage was taken away from him he threw a hissy fit and walked out.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I wouldn't want either as our manager , they'd have been better of keeping McDermott

I wouldn't go that far! McDermott is a strange little fella. Did a really good job there, no question about it. But would YOU appoint him?

He knew the club inside out, knew the players and knew the traditions of the place. I don't see him having the same success if he goes elsewhere, although I'm sure he'll get another job at some point. That will be the test...

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Should Mr Adkins get the Reading job he was born to do, assuming he was the third of triplets and the runt of the litter.
Can this be the gloating thread for all those that had cash on him when his odds lengthened during Gusgate.

gloat mode on standby

also had Di Canio at 33-1

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I wouldn't go that far! McDermott is a strange little fella. Did a really good job there, no question about it. But would YOU appoint him?

He knew the club inside out, knew the players and knew the traditions of the place. I don't see him having the same success if he goes elsewhere, although I'm sure he'll get another job at some point. That will be the test...
I'll agree with you on the "he's a strange little fella " quote, his press conferences were dour and he'd always state the obvious when asked a question

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
And yet some absolute NUMPTIES were suggesting him as a possible replacement for Gus.

The man is a nasty piece of work, a horrible little man with a horrible attitude and some properly backward thinking political views. I could've won league 2 with Swindon given the funds he had behind him. As soon as that financial advantage was taken away from him he threw a hissy fit and walked out.
:thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

Great minds think alike obviously :thumbsup:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Jesus, can you imagine being a player and being told Di Canio was coming in as manager???...This is the main reason I don't believe he will even be a success at a big club. Lower league players may look up to him, but senior top pros probably see him as a bit of a pillock.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
After the hissy fit from Di Canio at leaving Swindon and the way he treated his goal keeper a few months ago will not have done him any favours about getting a job any time soon in England as a manager

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not having heard much on the Reading Manager situation since Gus tuned them down, I was rather expecting them to wait for the Summer to see if they stay up & we stay down, and then for them to come in for Gus again.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Not having heard much on the Reading Manager situation since Gus tuned them down, I was rather expecting them to wait for the Summer to see if they stay up & we stay down, and then for them to come in for Gus again.

According to Sky sports a minute ago Adkins appointment is imminent

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Skybet have closed the Reading book, entirely. :rave: :money: :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here