Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Beach Casting

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
After the boring international weekend to kill time I went through my fishing gear and fancied wetting a line again. Was wondering where, if any where in East Sussex mainly was producing any decent fish?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brighton had a good run of plaice last week the 2 beaches next to the marina , catching them still on the east arm of the marina on lug and ragworm , Seaford beaches have been fair lately for plaice up to 50 cm but 30cm seems to be the norm , plenty of bling on the rigs seems to be working well green n black beads work best but some being caught with no bling at all .

Try the buckle car park and walk around 75 yards to your right near the yacht club , fish seem to be at 80-90 yards , other than the plaice not much around as yet still lots of small dab but no real sign of the influx of summer species , not suprising really .

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Don't know about currently but shoreham power station (seaside) is usually good, just ignore the men with beach windbreakers!

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Brighton had a good run of plaice last week the 2 beaches next to the marina , catching them still on the east arm of the marina on lug and ragworm , Seaford beaches have been fair lately for plaice up to 50 cm but 30cm seems to be the norm , plenty of bling on the rigs seems to be working well green n black beads work best but some being caught with no bling at all .

Try the buckle car park and walk around 75 yards to your right near the yacht club , fish seem to be at 80-90 yards , other than the plaice not much around as yet still lots of small dab but no real sign of the influx of summer species , not suprising really .

The buckle is one of my favoured spots. The fact it's 5 mins away from my front door is even better. Will give it ago Friday. Cheers

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
get yourself down the mouth of the cuckmere,might be a tad early,seen a few decent bass caught there

I used to rate seaford beach too

fish in close,big baits,sandeels,flapper mackeral,whole squid,don't be shy with the bait

probably have more luck next month

Remember one time went fishing off langney point for early bass (april)
and my mate caught a codling!
during the day,blowing an easterly!

you never know,that's the beauty of fishing

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
There was a bloke fishing in Preston Park yesterday. There isn't a pond so don't think he caught much.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
After the boring international weekend to kill time I went through my fishing gear and fancied wetting a line again. Was wondering where, if any where in East Sussex mainly was producing any decent fish?

Tesco in Shoreham is producing some loverly sea bass:thumbsup::cool:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Can't recommend Shoreham Beach at the moment. Drawn a couple of blanks last two outings although conditions couldn't have been worse. Easterly wind, neap tides daylight hours. Trying again Thursday on the spring tide.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been some good Plaice about but they are thinning a little now. The lack of Spring and unseasonably cold sea temps are not helping at the moment either. Best keep your line dry for another 3 weeks or so.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Seaford not fishing well at the moment,I fished a match there sat night and there was only rockling and dabs, many undersized.
With the building tides this week and a shift in wind direction at the weekend, hopefully things will improve.
Got another match this coming sat, message me Sunday and I'll let you know how it fished.
As has been said already,WSF is a good site and very informative.
Regards, Bakesy.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Seaford not fishing well at the moment,I fished a match there sat night and there was only rockling and dabs, many undersized.
With the building tides this week and a shift in wind direction at the weekend, hopefully things will improve.
Got another match this coming sat, message me Sunday and I'll let you know how it fished.
As has been said already,WSF is a good site and very informative.

Regards, Bakesy.

How did it go Saturday mate?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Thought for a minute they were looking for extras for a new film. :blush:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here