Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Why is there still no salary cap?

0 Not allowed!
    Surely it's obvious to all that the cause of all financial problems in football is the astronomical salaries footballers earn today.

In turn it's the fans who have to compensate for it by paying all time high ticket prices - and despite an all time high commercial & TV revenue, clubs STILL make a loss - even well run clubs like our own, and for many others it is critical.

It will be interesting to see what effect the Financial Fair Play regulations will make, but it seems to me as if it won't address the real problem. Perhaps it will deflate the salaries they command in long run but it seems to me that all it will do is punish smaller clubs.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      It would have to be a FIFA imposed salary cap, otherwise we would lose all the top player to other countries.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Kemal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Surely it's obvious to all that the cause of all financial problems in football is the astronomical salaries footballers earn today.

In turn it's the fans who have to compensate for it by paying all time high ticket prices - and despite an all time high commercial & TV revenue, clubs STILL make a loss - even well run clubs like our own, and for many others it is critical.

It will be interesting to see what effect the Financial Fair Play regulations will make, but it seems to me as if it won't address the real problem. Perhaps it will deflate the salaries they command in long run but it seems to me that all it will do is punish smaller clubs.
      great idea, but would only work if it was the case in all over the world.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      do you have a salary cap on your job or profession? would you like one?
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Kemal View Post

Why will it punish smaller clubs?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      So you think that 240000 a week is justifiable do you
      Best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass boy.

0 Not allowed!
      I will happily have a salary cap if it is set at 50k a week.
      "I wasted £100 on a hotel room, another £100 on drink, whole weekend a complete waste of money, all in all the worst away day iv'e ever had ever. i can handle wasting good money, but seeing palace players getting laughed at by that lot, being laughed at as we leave the ground, that f***ing hurts, feel numb today, feel totaly numb with shock, going to take a long time to get over this one."

0 Not allowed!
      If it was my world, I would cap all professions except maybe doctors, scientists and teachers at around £1m per year - nobody needs more than that - but particularly not footballers, when considering that it is the working class fans that are compensating for these ludicrous wages.

Why is there still no salary cap?

0 Not allowed!
      a lot of office jobs do

If there was a salary cap all over the world clubs would get away with it by paying massive bonuses
      Seaweed! Seaweed! GoldWithFalmer's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      No i would not,that said perhaps if i was earning £150,000 per week i might agree to a £200k limit.
      In Deo Fidemus we know our history,yet we embrace change-Hello from the real Brighton

Posh? i'd say a non clock watcher,an early riser,creator of ones own fortune,a grafter,a clever dick,an inheritor,a late home type,one that makes sacrifice,gifted maybe.