Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest wealth uncovered.....

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
West hams wage bill last season was almost double that of the rest of the division and they scraped up in the playoffs. Money guarantees you nothing

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Plenty of "poorer" clubs have gone up instead of the rich ones - it means nothing.

Leicester spent loads last season, and they didn't do that well, Blackburn this season too.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Why don't we arrange a massive poker game against TB so he can take all our money and give it to the Albion ?

Sorted.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Accepting of course that this is pure PR for Al Hasawi and his family, is it really such a bad thing ?

There is talk of long term investment on and off the field and yet there is also the real sting of criticism, which you have to believe is something unprecedented in his life. What happens when the day arrives when he feels the need to sack Billy Preston for example ?

There is so much criticism of foreign owners coming into the game and much of it justified, the alternative is that we collectively turn these people away and watch the money go elsewhere. Yes I am envious of the state of football in Germany right now, but France, Italy and Spain have a far bigger mess to worry about than we do.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Accepting of course that this is pure PR for Al Hasawi and his family, is it really such a bad thing ?

There is talk of long term investment on and off the field and yet there is also the real sting of criticism, which you have to believe is something unprecedented in his life. What happens when the day arrives when he feels the need to sack Billy Preston for example ?

There is so much criticism of foreign owners coming into the game and much of it justified, the alternative is that we collectively turn these people away and watch the money go elsewhere. Yes I am envious of the state of football in Germany right now, but France, Italy and Spain have a far bigger mess to worry about than we do.

Are you talking about Billy Preston, the noted keyboard player who played alongside the Beatles and numerous other people as well as having a solo career. He can not be sacked because he died some years back.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
, but France, Italy and Spain have a far bigger mess to worry about than we do.

You want to go to Portugal! I was speaking to a mate of mine who is doing his Level 1 and he was saying that there is a Portuguese chap who has come over to get his qualifications because the Portugal FA has scrapped ALL coaching courses because they cannot afford to fund them anymore...It's looking extremely bleak over there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes I am envious of the state of football in Germany right now, but France, Italy and Spain have a far bigger mess to worry about than we do.

Orlandi made a comment on a podcast recently about Spanish wages. Not only were wages lower than the UK, but that sometimes didn't get paid into their bank account at all.

ForestBoffin

Mar 23, 2013
As a Forest fan, and ergo the fan of a club with a wealthy foreign owners, I can tell you we're all a little nervous as to the guy's intentions, as foreign ownership (and by foreign I mean foreign to the club, outsiders - see SISU @ Coventry) is a very risky business for a club, and often ends in tears.

All this publicity about the Forest owner's wealth & documentories on the team are being aired precisely because of this: there are lots of us publically nervous about what the Kuwaitis have been doing. I'm an optimist, but the cynic would call it propaganda. Time will tell, he seems genuine to me but there is certainly alot of well orcastrated publicity going on here - just because his Mrs says he's rich enough to buy Barcelona osen't mean we're going to b playing them again.

The only reason we're a happy bunch at the moment, the thing that's got our owners out of the doghouse, is that they, hugely luckily, appointed Billy Davies and he's gone on to work miracles.

I wouldn'tbe too jelous yet - who knows where this will end.

Hope you didn't mind the intrusion, just thought you'd like the Forest perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here