Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon wins Community award [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Calderon wins Community award[/h] 8:12am Monday 25th March 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2271228.jpg
Inigo Calderon
* Albion's Spanish defender Inigo Calderon has been recognised for his work off the pitch by winning the PFA Player in the Community at the Football League awards.

* Calderon has been a strong supporter of Albion in the Community, the club's charitable arm.
* He has used his degree in sports psychology to give inspirational guidance to jobskeers, apprentices and school children.
* Calderon, who received his award at a ceremony in London last night, said: "I do this work because I feel you have to put something back. I play because I love it and I really enjoy going into schools and helping our fans.
* "I think Brighton is the best club in the country for community involvement and it is great to be a part of it."
* Watford's Matej Vydra was named Championship Player of the Year ahead of Crystal Palace's prolific former Albion striker Glenn Murray and Murray's team-mate Wilfried Zaha, who misses tonight's England under 21's friendly against Austria at The Amex due to dental surgery.
**Blackpool winger Tom Ince, also ruled out of the under 21's by injury, was named Young Player of the Year.
Nottingham Forest, Albion's hosts on Saturday, won two awards. Simon Cox's deft control and volley against Birmingham in September was voted Goal of the Year and keeper Dimitar Evtimov was named Apprentice of the Year for the Championship.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here