Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest v Brighton - from a Forest fan.

ForestBoffin

Mar 23, 2013
Evening guys, I write a new blog following Forest, I was hoping some of you wouldshare your views for an article I'll be writing later this week about our looming game.

But first I'd like to congratulate you on the remarkable survival you've made - the last time I saw you in the flesh I was watching you draw against Mansfield at Field Mill. I think you were bottom of the league, miles behind at one stage that season, dead & buried - all due respect for sticking with your club through the dark times.

But I digress, if any of you would care to contribute, I'd like to know:

How you thought the last game between us went - I'm guessing you thought you deserved to win from speaking to a few Forest fans who were there?

How do you set yourselves up away from home - it's obviously been working up until recently (you seem to hold your own when away) - what went wrong against Barnsley & Bolton?

What are your expectations for saturday's game, and for the rest of the season?

Which of your players do we have to look out for?

Lastly, How is Vicente doing this season? I've seen alot of European football and 8 or 9 years ago I'd have never believed he'd be playing second tier, he was probably my favourite player in the Spanish league at one stage. Genuine class. Please tell me he's only fit for a 5 minute cameo?

Thanks for reading and sorry to encroach - if you feel the need to give me some pregame stick thats fine, won't take offence, may even return the banter if we beat you! Cheers!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
How you thought the last game between us went - I'm guessing you thought you deserved to win from speaking to a few Forest fans who were there?

Disappointing, aggravating, typical and unlucky.

How do you set yourselves up away from home - it's obviously been working up until recently (you seem to hold your own when away) - what went wrong against Barnsley & Bolton?

Tiredness I'm guessing, normally we're alright, depends on the day. We've become progressively worse away throughout the season.

Hopefully a draw at least, should be a good game. And hopefully playoffs if not winning the final. (We can all dream)

Definitely Ryan Harley...

(Orlandi, Bridcutt, Bridge, Ulloa, Lopez)

Lastly, How is Vicente doing this season? I've seen alot of European football and 8 or 9 years ago I'd have never believed he'd be playing second tier, he was probably my favourite player in the Spanish league at one stage. Genuine class. Please tell me he's only fit for a 5 minute cameo?

Not really seen much of him this season. Oozes class when he's on, but this is definitely his last year here.

ForestBoffin

Mar 23, 2013
Surprising you wouldn't be wanting to hold onto Vicente, or is it just that he can't get fit? Brilliant player if you can squeeze something out of him.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Surprising you wouldn't be wanting to hold onto Vicente, or is it just that he can't get fit? Brilliant player if you can squeeze something out of him.

If we squeeze him, then that's another 4 months out, ,o i wouldn't rcommend it.When he does play however, he oozes class.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last season, he was worth his place in the squad if only for the handful of appearances he made.

This season, I'd have to say that's not really been the case. He has barely been seen, and when he has come on he hasn't added much in reality, which is a shame as he really is a different class. That said, I suspect he is capable of making the difference in one or two of the remaining 8-11 games we have left this season so we'll see.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

2 more years at a maximum 10 games a season for someone, before he retires I imagine.

But if he has a couple more games of genius for us and wins us the playoff final, then if he leaves, he leaves as a hero.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
But I digress, if any of you would care to contribute, I'd like to know:

How you thought the last game between us went - I'm guessing you thought you deserved to win from speaking to a few Forest fans who were there? .You did well to end up with 11 men on the pitch , Halford ? had a mare and hacked his way through the game

How do you set yourselves up away from home - it's obviously been working up until recently (you seem to hold your own when away) - what went wrong against Barnsley & Bolton? They scored first , simple but annoyingly true , if whoever we play score the 1st goal tend to win or certainly not lose .

What are your expectations for saturday's game, and for the rest of the season? = Draw minimum saturday , 73 points and a playoff chance .

Which of your players do we have to look out for? = Lualua , and Spain .

Lastly, How is Vicente doing this season? I've seen alot of European football and 8 or 9 years ago I'd have never believed he'd be playing second tier, he was probably my favourite player in the Spanish league at one stage. Genuine class. Please tell me he's only fit for a 5 minute cameo . = He will be fit and raring to go Saturday but probably be on the bench , yep he has been plagued by injury since his time with us , but the minutes he has had on the pitch have been a privilege to watch , for me anyway .

Last edited:

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011

Disappointing, aggravating, typical and unlucky.

Tiredness I'm guessing, normally we're alright, depends on the day. We've become progressively worse away throughout the season.

Hopefully a draw at least, should be a good game. And hopefully playoffs if not winning the final. (We can all dream)

Definitely Ryan Harley...

(Orlandi, Bridcutt, Bridge, Ulloa, Lopez)

Not really seen much of him this season. Oozes class when he's on, but this is definitely his last year here.

I know it was a tongue in cheek reply but isn't Harley still out on loan to MK Dons?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
If you score first, you wil not lose. That is it in a nutshell.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here