Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A beautiful mind

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Just a heads up for this film , starts at 9.30 on bbc 4. Well worth a watch .

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Just a heads up for this film , starts at 9.30 on bbc 4. Well worth a watch .

Thanks - just watched it. Again.

In seeing it again, you notice some of the little clues earlier on - like when little Marcie ran through a flock of birds on the lawn, and none of them flew away.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I recommend The Silence that was on BBC4 on Saturday night. Got a scandanavian feel to it, but it's set in Germany and murder is afoot. A bit unsettling in places, but the aesthetic was rasping and the feel of it of good drama. On iPlayer now.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I recommend The Silence that was on BBC4 on Saturday night. Got a scandanavian feel to it, but it's set in Germany and murder is afoot. A bit unsettling in places, but the aesthetic was rasping and the feel of it of good drama. On iPlayer now.

Might do that one post-match tonight, although a couple of luke-warm reviews put me off slightly. As for Kill List last night - what can you say? I had my head in my hands at times. Unsettling.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Has anyone on here ever tried researching someone where another person of the same name is or was more famous? Last June I finished a Masters dissertation on John Nash the architect, best known in Brighton of course for the Brighton Pavilion. Among other things I used an academic search engine called JSTOR. Finding the 50 odd articles on him among the 5000 or so for the John Nash in the film was great fun. Searching under "John Nash - architect" wasn't much help, as it cut out a good number of the articles on him. As for the film, did he have an English roommate/sidekick as played by Paul Bettany, or was that artistic licence?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Might do that one post-match tonight, although a couple of luke-warm reviews put me off slightly. As for Kill List last night - what can you say? I had my head in my hands at times. Unsettling.

I'm a bit addicted to Scandanavian style thrillers since the Killing etc, so it could be that influence of it. I liked it though.

I recommend Sleep Tight, that you can get from Lovefilm now. A dastardly amusing in the darkest of ways Spanish film starring Luis Tosar, who i've loved since Cell 211, as a concierge who sneaks into the apartments he's there to sort of care for and mess things around to make the inhabitants as miserable as he feels. One woman makes the mistake of being constantly happy and he has to go a number of lengths to bring her down a peg or two and rip that smile from her face. Watched it last night and i laughed shockedly in places.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here