Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel Harding vs Brighton and Hove Albion

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We've met Dan Harding six times since he decided to move to Leeds without letting the club know.

Our record against him?

P6 W3 D3 L0 F13 A6 Pts12

His six appearances have seen him substituted thrice. Once before half time, once just after and once in the dying embers of a 3-1 victory over Southampton.

Is it his turn to have the final laugh (assuming he plays)?

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
We do seem to get to him. I noticed that in some of the early games, playing against his teams. I guess being howled at by people from your home town is unnerving....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No it isn't. He's terrified of Will Buckley, and after previous performances against him I'd be surprised if he's selected.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No it isn't. He's terrified of Will Buckley, and after previous performances against him I'd be surprised if he's selected.

He's been out of the squad since their defeat to Bristol C and have drawn and won six of the last seven. Maybe they have seen the light?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Zzzz.

I don't understand all this tbh, he moved to the club he supports, pointless grudge, get over it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We do seem to get to him. I noticed that in some of the early games, playing against his teams. I guess being howled at by people from your home town is unnerving....

There isn't a large percentage of our support from Gloucester I wouldn't have thought.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
It was almost deceitful how he did it. McGhee excused him by saying his agent gave him bad advice.

You'd jump at the chance to join Brighton no matter what though, he did the same, it could've been handled better but it wasn't, pointless grudge IMO, he still looks out for the clubs results.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
You'd jump at the chance to join Brighton no matter what though, he did the same, it could've been handled better but it wasn't, pointless grudge IMO, he still looks out for the clubs results.

I agree that it's a pointless grudge in day to day life, but the minute he crosses that white line, it's a brilliant grudge, as the abuse makes him soil his little knickers and is ALWAYS absolutely dire against us. This can only be a good thing when trying to get a result against the team he's representing.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I agree that it's a pointless grudge in day to day life, but the minute he crosses that white line, it's a brilliant grudge, as the abuse makes him soil his little knickers and is ALWAYS absolutely dire against us. This can only be a good thing when trying to get a result against the team he's representing.

^^^ :laugh:

Is was and still is funny.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Aaah, bless. Deceitful little scrote who took the piss -ask me if him looking out for our results changes anything? I'll check. No! He's still a dick.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Aaah, bless. Deceitful little scrote who took the piss -ask me if him looking out for our results changes anything? I'll check. No! He's still a dick.

So, would you jump at the chance to join the club you support if you were in his position, no matter what I'd join the Albion and that's that, so would any Albion fan. It's a pointless grudge, yeah on the pitch it may effect the way he plays I don't know but I do think it's a silly grudge. As you can tell from my posts Im not one to boo him personally, 1. Because I know him as a person and 2. Even if I didn't, he done what he did to play for the club he supports and obviously earn a bit extra. I get stick from my friends because I know him but they know that it wasn't a decision to purposely piss us off.

My opinion will change nothing, But what I didn't understand is whenever we played Southampton, the boo boys were targeting Harding over Hammond!

Anyway as you were.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not a pointless grudge.

I don't buy all this, he did it to sign for the team he supported bollocks.

Just because the opportunity arose didn't mean he had to lie to the club. He could have told us I'm going to sign for Leeds rather than I'm going on holiday for a couple of weeks I'll sign for you when I get back, then a week later he is signing for Leeds.

Not a great player and very poor defensively so the 800k or so we got for him was great business. But doesn't excuse his behavior and although I don't give a shit about him, seeing him brick it when he is getting abuse and Buckley is running at him is without doubt hilarious.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a professional footballer reduced to tears and substituted before half time before.

It is, and will remain one of my all time favorite moments watching Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here