Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incredible throat singing...They should come to Brighton!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've posted a thread on throat singing before somewhere. Incredible music and Huun-Huur-Tu are fine exponents of traditional Tuvan music.

There used to be a very fine Scottish traditional singer, called Isabel Sutherland, who I got to know when she lived in Sussex. She could sing what was called "mouth music" - here's an example, recorded in 1965. It's in Gaelic, btw. Isabel died in 1988.

[yt]Kj63o6UbhG8[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I found the thread from before that I was talking about. Ever keen to promote throat singing, here it is:

Tuvan Throat Singers...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There used to be a very fine Scottish traditional singer, called Isabel Sutherland, who I got to know when she lived in Sussex. She could sing what was called "mouth music" - here's an example, recorded in 1965. It's in Gaelic, btw. Isabel died in 1988.

[yt]Kj63o6UbhG8[/yt]

There's also a band that goes by the name of mouth music I think. I've got one of their tracks on an old WOMAD compilation cd somewhere. Interesting stuff.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta

[yt]Kj63o6UbhG8[/yt]

Oh nice stuff! :afro:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
dude, you posted the exact song that I just posted! haha :cool:

Well that will be because we both know a bloody fine bit of music when we hear it :)

The horse references in that tune are what really does it for me. I could easily listen to a full length concert by this lot any day of the week.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Went to see this at the Brighton festival 10 years ago or so, honestly, I thought it was a joke, dreadful, dreary and just awful.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Well that will be because we both know a bloody fine bit of music when we hear it :)

The horse references in that tune are what really does it for me. I could easily listen to a full length concert by this lot any day of the week.

haha me also! Time for the late sunday dinner. Have a good one mate. Cheers :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here